VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 4 - 2018: Improve Safari Off Road Adventure Experience

DAY04.jpg

There is no doubt that the Safari Off Road Adventure is very popular.  As a result, it is obvious that park would like to operate at the highest capacity possible to minimize guests' waiting times, however sometimes it is at the cost of "the show".  Often the trucks make their way through the safari without allowing guests time to truly appreciate the animals by not stopping and in some cases barely slowing down to view them.  In addition, more times than not, the trucks barely venture off-road and instead stick to the pave roadway except when the grass provides a shortcut to the end, sometimes avoiding the best opportunities to see the animals.  We wish operations would go back to the pace of SORA when it first opened in 2013 which made it seem like a true E-ticket adventure, even if that means waiting a little longer in line.

• 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to Day 4 - 2018: Improve Safari Off Road Adventure Experience

yeah, like moving the enterance and exit to rolling thunder spot in golden kingdom and using the enterance to wild safari and using the exploration station spot for parked jeeps, and add new animals in unused safari spots could be a awesome way to improve the animals

Edited by harry2004

I would like to see the unused areas of the Safari to be part of a haunted experience or even better yet, a Holiday in the Park light display. This would be an amazing addition to both events and neither would affect the regular Safari Off Road Adventure ride. Here is what I would imagine- Have Safari Off Road Adventure run the way that it does during the day, (adding if I might they start actually going OFF ROAD like you guys said) and then close the ride whenever they do, typically around 4 or 5 on Fright Fest days. Have the route shift to  wherever they can use without animals present and reopen when the sun goes down- for Halloween this would be like a Haunted Hayride that the park used to have (many still exist throughout the state) and for Holiday in The Park it would be like the PNC arts center Christmas drive through light show. I understand that it would be difficult to staff but I personally think that it would be a big plus for the park- Hey, a man can dream right?

2 hours ago, Louisatsweetlou said:

I would like to see the unused areas of the Safari to be part of a haunted experience or even better yet, a Holiday in the Park light display. This would be an amazing addition to both events and neither would affect the regular Safari Off Road Adventure ride. Here is what I would imagine- Have Safari Off Road Adventure run the way that it does during the day, (adding if I might they start actually going OFF ROAD like you guys said) and then close the ride whenever they do, typically around 4 or 5 on Fright Fest days. Have the route shift to  wherever they can use without animals present and reopen when the sun goes down- for Halloween this would be like a Haunted Hayride that the park used to have (many still exist throughout the state) and for Holiday in The Park it would be like the PNC arts center Christmas drive through light show. I understand that it would be difficult to staff but I personally think that it would be a big plus for the park- Hey, a man can dream right?

I think the Safari had something like the latter in 2002 and 2003, I thought about that being a way to get Bizarro open (I don't think they would if they moved it next to El Toro because El Toro would be closed and that might cause a problem for GP, even if its not on the map for HitP) 

3 minutes ago, harry2004 said:

well how about next to the drop tower tunnel so they build rmc raptor behind it,

im not talking about put it in el diablos place

PLEASE post in full sentences with proper grammar, capitalization, and punctuation.  Posts without these will be deleted.

5 minutes ago, harry2004 said:

fine i fixed it

Where?  What did you change?  

Furthermore, "fine I fixed it" should be "Fine, I fixed it."  

I am not trying to be a jerk but I am sure everyone would appreciate it if your posts were submitted properly to make reading them easier.  

• Like 6