VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 21- 2018: Install Major Additions for Hurricane Harbor's 20th Anniversary

• 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to Day 21- 2018: Install Major Additions for Hurricane Harbor's 20th Anniversary
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly, they just need SOMETHING- I never visit Hurricane Harbor because of how long the lines are- the only days the lines aren't terrible are cold days when I don't want to be there either. Like others have said, a water coaster would be great, fantastic ride and has great throughput compared to other slides- Besides the water coaster, there are two other types of water attractions that I love. The first one is something like Water Country USA in Virginia has with Hubba Hubba Highway- for those unfamiliar, it is like a lazy river but instead of tubes, you wear life vests that keep you floating and the water current goes CRAZY FAST- it is probably my favorite water park attraction out there. The other type of water attraction is something that I don't even know how to compare it to. Dorney park used to have a similar one but it is gone and I do not know the name- it is, again, like a lazy river- this time actually on tubes. The difference with this one is its little pools and then there is a water slide when you get to the end of the pool- after that slide you go into another pool that is like a lazy river and then another slide- it is so much fun having slide after slide after slide- Whether these come true or something else, HH NEEDS another attraction. 

On 12/21/2018 at 10:46 AM, Louisatsweetlou said:

Honestly, they just need SOMETHING- I never visit Hurricane Harbor because of how long the lines are- the only days the lines aren't terrible are cold days when I don't want to be there either. Like others have said, a water coaster would be great, fantastic ride and has great throughput compared to other slides- Besides the water coaster, there are two other types of water attractions that I love. The first one is something like Water Country USA in Virginia has with Hubba Hubba Highway- for those unfamiliar, it is like a lazy river but instead of tubes, you wear life vests that keep you floating and the water current goes CRAZY FAST- it is probably my favorite water park attraction out there. The other type of water attraction is something that I don't even know how to compare it to. Dorney park used to have a similar one but it is gone and I do not know the name- it is, again, like a lazy river- this time actually on tubes. The difference with this one is its little pools and then there is a water slide when you get to the end of the pool- after that slide you go into another pool that is like a lazy river and then another slide- it is so much fun having slide after slide after slide- Whether these come true or something else, HH NEEDS another attraction. 

That removed slide at Dorney was called Riptide, basically it was a inground version of Morey's Skypond slide. The bad thing about that type of slide is that they require lifeguards in every pool, which is bad for a waterpark like HH which claims it has a constant lifeguard shortage. Still I really miss Riptide.

Sadly any new attraction at HH will likely increase crowds at the park. What the park really needs are improved operations, more lifeguards, signal lights installed on the slides, and eliminating Flashpass there.

• Like 2