VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2022 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I have a lot on my wishlist for Great Adventure. Hopefully they get around to repainting Nitro. As far as new additions, here are some that I think are realistic and would fit the park:

• Intamin LSM Vertical Coaster
  • Premier Rides Multilaunch Coaster
  • S&S Screamin' Swing
  • S&S Axis Coaster
  • Mack/Intamin Powersplash/Gigasplash
  • Zamperla Super Air Race (Dare Devil Dive at SFFT)

These additions are based on which companies the park/chain have worked with in the past. My dream addition would be a 300 ft.+ B&M dive coaster, that would finally give the park a giga as well as another B&M. Theme it to Medusa and it'd be even more awesome. 😆

Aquaman themed Zamperla Big WaveZ on the Boardwalk for 2022.

WaterTower.jpg?resize=262,300
msui79mwptn51.jpg?width=720&format=pjpg&k1munlowptn51.jpg?width=720&format=pjpg&

http://amusementtoday.com/coney-islands-reimagined-luna-park-celebrates-10-year-success/

Big WaveZ will be the first of its kind. Termed an interactive water ride, Big WaveZ will make its worldwide debut at Luna Park. Passengers board a tower ride, rise to the top where they interact with a video screen and then plunge to create a big splash. A Zamperla company product, the ride has been in development and testing for a year.

“Think of it as a vertical shoot-the-chute,” said Michael Coleman, North American sales, Zamperla. “Riders get wet, but spectators do, too, in a splash zone.”

Yeah, put that where Twister is, that area has a lot of stand/sitting (maybe not as much right now, but still) area so it will easily have the space for people to see it)

Since they already have a lot of kiddie rides in storage, I say kids area in 2022 because that's a cheap addition.

I can see Zamperla Super Air Race where Spin Meister was themed to Scarecrow, an Endevour to replace El Diablo.

I also feel removing the go-karts and the simulator building would be a good idea, even it just expands the entrance plaza (I slightly feel Ka/Zu would be removed before Superman and Green Lantern, but they will probably all hit their service life/too annoying to throw money at around the same time)

• Like 1

Woah there, why this mention of Ka and Zu removal. 😢 

I know you didn't mean in the imminent future, but I see the park working hard to keep both open for as long as possible. It's the crowned jewel of the park in terms of branding, even though El Toro is the enthusiast magnet.

The Zamperla Big WaveZ is an interesting concept; it's basically a mini drop tower into a splash zone? That would be a neat successor to Twister (especially since they seem to share the same footprint), I just hope it would be as thrilling of a ride experience.

The splash zone would be interactive, and would be a perfect fit for the Boardwalk. I also still have my hopes up for an eventual Mack Powersplash somewhere in the Movietown/Metropolis region. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

My dream ride would be a Intamin Giga between Ka and Toro since Nitro already has an amazing long out and back B&M layout. 

As far as open spots go, there is a lot of space between Cyborg and Spin Meister's old ride pad for some flats or a small kids area like DC Super Friends.  Also depending on how JDC's new queue and path turns out, along with the removal of Safari Tours, the Safari Kids/ Looney Tune Seaport area has room and is in dire need of a major retheme. 
Then, across Wonder Woman and next to Dark Knight where Chillers top hat and cobra roll  is; there is room for an Endeavor or Air Race or even a Zamperla Wave Swinger to give the area some family rides to compliment Justice League. 
    Over in the Golden Kingdom I would love to see Balin's Jungleland return with the incredible theming and Tigerland Treehouse. The pictures of the climbing structure was but with the pandemic that doesn't seem like a logical thing to do. A section to view the baboons or expand the Safari Discoveries would better suite the section. 
    The Lakefront next to Joker is all open space but I feel that a ride there would ruin the peaceful atmosphere that's behind Yum Yum Cafe, although something like Catwomans Whip coming to SFSTL would fit nicely next to Joker. 
    As for the boardwalk,  there is a lot that can and needs to be done, first off removing the simulator building and moving the go karts (or removing them) across and behind Twister can free up a lot of space for a ground up coaster like a premier Launch or RMC I-Box like Goliath at SFGAM, or something even like Iron Gwazi would be epic. Also the board walk needs a flat or two, something in front of Green Lanterns Dive Loop ( Where Space Shuttle used to be) would fit a nice addition and a replacement for Twister because lets face it, I'm surprised that the ride has lasted this long....  with a water ride like SFOT's new Aquaman or something. 
     Last but not least, Rolling Thunders former footprint could be replaced with endless possibilities. I would love to see the space saved for something epic like I mentioned earlier in this post for a Giga with extreme ejector airtime like Skyrush on steroids or something a little more realistic like the east coast version of Twisted Colossus or East Coast Racers. (Who cares about Zu's queue, I'm sure they can reroute it if they REALLY need to).

Finally, the park really needs to step up their entertainment offering. Even starting with small things like street shows at Liberty Gazebo, Runaway country and magic tricks as guests walk by. Then have at least one show in the parks venues especially the showcase which has heating and a/c.

In my post, I basically just mean to discuss available plots of land in the park new attractions that could be added as well as what kind of new rides we could see based on the company's recent investments for all their parks. The next addition to the parks lineup I really think will be a new kids section since the park removed LTSP minus Taz Tornado for a new major coaster. I can see something like Dc Super Friends next to Cyborg and JLBFM coming with relocated rides like RRR, Daffy's Deep Sea Diver and Pepe Lepew (especially with all the controversy going on) all being rethemed plus maybe a Larsen flying scooter or a new ride being added with. Another possibility can be a newly rethemed kids area replacing safari kids with something like Bugs Bunny Boom Town, an expansion of Bugs Bunny National Park and/or maybe even a return of Balin's Jungleland in it's original form with hopefully maybe a new show or two included would be a nice treat.   We shall see what happens!

Edited by truepolak90

• 3 weeks later...

So this is personally a fever dream of mine that I would absolutely love to be true, but realistically this would probably never happen. Covid also killed any chance of this happening.

20xx Six Flags is doing their announcements for the next season, but this year instead of super fast back to back announcements, Great Adventures announcement has a teaser trailer instead of a direct announcement. It fades to black, and it cuts to a NoLimits2 recreation of the el toro area at night (imagine the POV of the camera being at macho nacho, where you can see The drop of toro and the station, and you can see where rolling thunder used to be). It's silent, with crickets chirping. Suddenly, a flash of lightning strikes down and a very quick silhouette of a dueling rollercoaster where rolling thunder used to be is flashed before going back to just el toro again. It fades to black and the words "Wrath of Rolling Thunder" or "Rolling Thunder's Revenge" or "Revenge of Rolling Thunder" are displayed.

The ride would be made by RMC and would be a dueling IBOX coaster. I think this would hands down be the best addition to the park in YEARS (not saying they haven't added great additions recently bc they have, but this one takes the cake). 

Like I said, complete fever dream, but what are your thoughts on this?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

A power splash is about 530 ft. long and the power loop probably adds 40-50 ft.  Neither one would fit in that space unless you cleared more land. Axis coaster prototype is 397 ft. x 135 ft. (Yellow lines on the above image.)

I'm guessing you're talking about the animation, not the hydraulically launched thing to demo the trains

• 2 months later...
On 6/22/2021 at 7:51 PM, ericthewanderer said:

I think that with the success of KI's Mystic Timbers and BGW's Invader that Rolling Thunder should be rebuilt but make it 10 feet taller and have a shed at the end like Mystic Timbers(where there is a rotation of the various songs and effects).

I am a fan of this idea, but I hope they’d remove Green Lantern to make room for it. Another wooden coaster is probably the biggest gap in the coaster lineup right now and Green Lantern is an awful ride that would fit better in the scrapyard. The entire boardwalk I think should be renovated too, especially the area past the carnival games leading to Superman and Green Lantern. It’s basically a parking lot section of the park. 

As for next year realistically I expect a cryptid themed kids area in the obvious location considering Road Runner will be returning likely as Lil’ Devil. I don’t really see how a ride like that would fit into a Bugs Bunny Boomtown/DC Super Friends themed area which is why I threw those two ideas out the window, and hey, the more original theming the better.

On 6/27/2021 at 11:54 PM, Medusa42 said:

The last two new coasters at Great Adventure have been based on the last two prototype coasters at Fiesta Texas.  We might get a peek into the future of Great Adventure when Fiesta Texas announces their next coaster for 2022.

Correct me if I’m wrong but FT is celebrating an anniversary this year I think? It’ll be cool to see what comes from that 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2021 at 3:29 PM, Medusa42 said:

^ I am not sure.  Fiesta Texas is going to make their announcement on July 28th, which seems really early for Six Flags.

It wouldn't be the first time they have done this, last time we saw this was in 2017 with their Raptor. I think they'll likely get a coaster this year.

Here's a park improvement idea I think would go a long way. I would like to see a walkway somehow connecting the front of the park (once you made it past the entrance) to the boardwalk area or by Superman and GL. It's always a pain having to walk all the way around just to get over there and now that Kingda Ka and Toro are connected, it would make getting to those rides a lot easier as well. 

8 hours ago, Tower said:

Here's a park improvement idea I think would go a long way. I would like to see a walkway somehow connecting the front of the park (once you made it past the entrance) to the boardwalk area or by Superman and GL. It's always a pain having to walk all the way around just to get over there and now that Kingda Ka and Toro are connected, it would make getting to those rides a lot easier as well. 

There are a lot of things like that which would be wonderful, but the goal of the park is to make people walk past all those games and spend money. 

It's the same reason why they won't re-open Dream Street there at the 4 Tents.  

• 3 weeks later...

With Fiesta Texas' announcement yesterday, I'm thinking there is a chance that we could see a clone of their dive machine headed over here sometime in the distant future (a couple years from now). Six Flags has added coasters to FT and then cloned them and/or added slightly altered versions of them for GAdv a year or two later on two separate occasions (the freespin and JDC) so it wouldn't surprise me if this is something they are looking to do.

It would be cool seeing a dive machine here as the nearest one is around an eight hour trip, and would easily be a top four ride in the park. That being said this is probably more of a wishlist type post than an actual prediction, but it's just an idea because often times Six Flags throws certain attractions in FT and GAdv, and then the rest of the parks. Realistically I could see this happening in three or four years if they actually do go through with it.

edit: I just realized that 2024 will be GAdv's 50th anniversary, we could potentially see something like this then.

Edited by Tower
  • Like 1