VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2020 Great ADVENTure Calendar- Day 19- Sell More Park Specific Merchandise

• 3 weeks later...

Just my opinion and I understand the need for a cohesive brand image.  That being said, I have no problem when people or the park's marketing efforts refer to the park as Six Flags Great Adventure, SFGA, Great Adventure, or GA.  But, when I see or hear the park referred to as simply Six Flags (especially in a ride spiel when visiting) or on the rides (like the front of the Log Flume's logs), as well as on most of the park's merchandise, I don't get the best feeling or image in my mind of the place.  I realize this may sound a bit crazy and is probably a result of the image I had of the park in my youth, but it's just how I feel.  And, it's not just Great Adventure that I see this way.   I feel the same way about Magic Mountain as well as AstroWorld while it was around.  Having never been to the Gurnee Great America, while I have visited the Santa Clara park, I think I'd feel the same about it simply being marketed and referred to as Six Flags.