VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2021 Great ADVENTure Calendar- Day 1- Repair or Replace Damaged Pavement

1 hour ago, Coaster Justin said:

Well SFGAm is repaving part of our lot so it's possible.

I think SFOT is also repaving their lot

In this case it's the pavement INSIDE the park. There are several places where the concrete sidewalks are in horrible condition and look terrible.  

17 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

There are some tricky areas in the park that could really use some work.  Each year you can see that the park is addressing this issue especially around new rides and attractions.  Unfortunately the new pavement and concrete makes the old look even worse.  

It's amazing... The ORIGINAL concrete poured back in 1974, had some moderately big stones in it, and it seemed to last forever without any degradation.  There are many sections of original concrete that exist today, and still look good after all these years.  However, the newer concrete pours have sometimes been problematic - and by trying to go cheap and use tar instead of concrete, they just wind up having to make repairs more often.  I wish they'd stop using tar and go back to concrete.  Yes, it's bit more costly up front, but it lasts longer and doesn't require annual sealing and maintenance.

6 hours ago, Ol'FormerRideOp said:

It's amazing... The ORIGINAL concrete poured back in 1974, had some moderately big stones in it, and it seemed to last forever without any degradation.  There are many sections of original concrete that exist today, and still look good after all these years.  However, the newer concrete pours have sometimes been problematic - and by trying to go cheap and use tar instead of concrete, they just wind up having to make repairs more often.  I wish they'd stop using tar and go back to concrete.  Yes, it's bit more costly up front, but it lasts longer and doesn't require annual sealing and maintenance.

They have been using concrete lately, only in the back of Movietown and Boardwalk that has blacktop, which was done a good long while ago. I notice they like to do one area with concrete, leave ten feet of the the old pebble style and then back to concrete, go to Sugar Shack and see what I mean.