VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2021 Great ADVENTure Calendar- Day 5 - Reconfigure and Upgrade the Parking Lot

• GAcoaster changed the title to 2021 Great ADVENTure Calendar- Day 5 - Reconfigure and Upgrade the Parking Lot

Didn't they repave the parking lot a couple years ago, or at least part of it? I do agree that the configuration should be changed to make it safer, can be dangerous walking through that lot on busy days. 

I always look at Hershey's parking lot as the example of what GA's should be. They have a raised island down the middle with walkways and trees to keep pedestrians safer from the cars. There's is designed with tram lanes on each side, and even if the trams aren't running or you decide to walk, it's a safe, pleasant experience. 

Untitled-1.png

• Like 2

I would usually park on the Green Lantern side of the lot and try to park away from others because I'd rather walk an extra minute or two from the car to the park entrance to avoid driving near people walking to the cars (even driving very slow it was difficult at times if you park closer).  I agree Hershey really does have a good setup.

On 12/5/2021 at 3:42 AM, GAcoaster said:

The parking lot really needs to be revamped and repaved. Having a nice, protected walkway running down the center to the front gate would make it safer and nicer. 

Hopefully next year with the new front gate we will see the old tram circle redone as it has no use now. Also the preferred parking being reconfigured this year does not look very good with the temporary booth and umbrella, and a landscaped permanent boundary parking area with a permanent booth would be a drastic improvement

• Like 1