VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2021 Great ADVENTure Calendar- Day 7 - New Water Ride for the Theme Park

13 hours ago, GA1975 said:

Sigh. I had hoped that these would have been more exciting, funnier, fresh, and new this year. Here’s hoping that better “days” are coming and not just the same generic, and sometimes repeated previous years.  Fingers crossed. 

Some of the things we posted that were more "exciting" have already happened. We try to keep things realistic in the way of our wishes-- things that are relatively simple for the park to attain. 

In all honesty we'd love to wish for a steam train ride around the lake, a monorail connecting the theme park, water park and a hotel, and a whole lot of other pie in the sky wishes, but we know there are limits to what the park can and can't do. Things like this wish for a new water ride are even a stretch, but we know that (quite a few times now) these easier to fulfill wishes that make the park a nicer place actually get listened to and acted on.

We've all dreamed of what we wish the park could do, but there has to be some basis in what is actually attainable and feasible with the current state of the company and their finances.  

• Like 4

Appreciate you going on the defense and providing some additional detail. We can agree to disagree. I find this year's calendar to lack imagination, dull, and pretty repetitive from years past. While I fully appreciate that these forums may or may not be viewed by the park management, the moderator's choice to be cautious of the dreams that could be shouldn't be limited by their own opinions of the company and their finances, right? I mean, at the end of the day, this page has zero participation in how the organization manages their own P&L. We should dream big! There's nothing wrong with that. Nevertheless, I'll continue to enjoy my morning cup of coffee and reveal each day's new wish, whether it is fresh or not.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, GA1975 said:

Appreciate you going on the defense and providing some additional detail. We can agree to disagree. I find this year's calendar to lack imagination, dull, and pretty repetitive from years past. While I fully appreciate that these forums may or may not be viewed by the park management, the moderator's choice to be cautious of the dreams that could be shouldn't be limited by their own opinions of the company and their finances, right? I mean, at the end of the day, this page has zero participation in how the organization manages their own P&L. We should dream big! There's nothing wrong with that. Nevertheless, I'll continue to enjoy my morning cup of coffee and reveal each day's new wish, whether it is fresh or not.  

We have an entire area of our forums for anyone to add their thoughts on what the park should and shouldn’t do.  Feel free to add your fresh and imaginative thoughts at My Ideas for the Park at https://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/index.php?/forum/48-my-ideas-for-the-park/ 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GA1975 said:

Thanks for the link, please be sure to use these forums for fresh ideas as future ADVENTure calendars are created. Merry Christmas to all!

I find your comments to be extremely rude.  I can't believe you actually have the nerve to tell the owners of the forum what to post on their own forum.

Edited by Medusa42
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Medusa42 said:

I find your comments to be extremely rude.  I can't believe you actually have the nerve to tell the owners of the forum what to post on their own forum.

Ok?  I mean we’re all adults here and our welcome to share our opinions, no? The post wasn’t disrespectful or derogatory in anyway.