VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 18 - Add More Themed Lighting to Under-lit Areas of the Park

I believe that was a case of being so far over budget on the Golden Kingdom that the lighting was never finished. They never lit the tower, but also I believe there was to be more lighting on the pathways. The company that did the design work for the Golden Kingdom often has themed lighting as part of the design (which was installed) along with supplemental theatrical lighting to was the areas in general lighting, usually with gels to create a colorful enhancement to the theme after dark.

Unfortunately over time the park has updated and tried to improve things simply by putting higher power bulbs in the existing fixtures which helps the problem of dark areas but doesn't look so good and really takes away from the atmosphere.

051808 117.jpg

GK's lighting is so poor it is a hazarded, during the SP preview years ago I was shocked how poorly lit GK is. Large parts of KK's queue and it's exit have no lighting at all, it really makes the park look cheap and unsafe.