VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 23 - Re-Introduce a Holiday Event

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to see Holiday In The Park. 2 months into the offseason and I could really use some coaster rides and I'd go to the park just for Skull Mountain and TDK. Although if they wanted to run an outdoor coaster like Nitro, that would be even greater.

Over in PA, there is a law that the park must follow manufacture’s recommendations. So if B&M says their coasters should not be ran under 40 degrees, then the PA parks can't under PA state law. However as far as I know NJ does not have such a law. Still with the weather being very unreliable this time of the year with snow and ice on the tracks. Coaster trains are also more prone to valley in the cold. The parks also use the winter downtime to do repair work on the major rides like roller coasters. I just don't see how any of the outdoor coasters would be able to run. They could run the two indoor coasters but both would need alot of heating and both have spooky theming which isn't becoming for Christmas.

I've always wondered, are there any actual laws that prohibit certain rides from being open in the winter? Or does the park just make those decisions?

The NJ certification for each ride expires at the end of the year (Dec 31, XXXX) so they would need to end the event on New Year's Eve.