VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 5- Add the Baboons to the Safari Discoveries

Having the path reopened would be great. It takes a lot longer to get to the Golden Kingdom from Frontier Adventures or Plaza Del Carnaval when the pathway took a couple of minutes.

Not to sound funny, but I wonder if the baboons stink? You could never tell when driving though the Safari because the windows were always up. Maybe that is an issue.

I slightly remember a smell(at times) while driving past them going to and from the arena/offices back there. Having a lot in that small area may create a stronger smell. Even when safari discoveries was open people would complain about the smell, but hey, its animals what are you expecting? I hear people at sealion too complaining it smells like beach or fish. I have become so immune to it that i don't even notice it most of the time.

Edited by jdc12192

Also have to be concerned about people throwing food and other items at them to eat. I can see someone tossing candy through the chainlink in the picture. Do baboons toss their poo? That would be an issue too.

Edited by The Master

I have heard this was the original plan for this year but, after they crunched the numbers it was going to cost way too much money to retrofit the enclosure for the monkeys. Apparently baboons are a lot smarter than we know and this enclosure would have allowed to many spaces and openings for them to escape.So now it's back to the drawing board

• 2 weeks later...