VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 6- A Revamped Movie Town

I also would like to see the area stay with a Movie theme. New rides would also be good and I like the idea of a flat ride in the observatory, especially if it was raining outside.

I'd like to see Great Adventure keep the "Movies" theme and not turn it into a DC superheroes area. We have enough of them in other areas of the park.

The only way id accept it to become a DC area is if they renamed/themed all the other DC rides in the park. That'll probably happen when pigs fly though.

A renovation of Movietown is by far what I want to see most now. I would put a multi launcher (either family friendly or more thrilling) where Chiller was and put an air race flat ride themed to stunt planes. I like the idea of a flat in the observatory too. Also don't forget a new show for the stunt arena, that could help with our lack of shows too.

Edited by RC98

i think they should retheme movietown and old country into one new rethemed area with a huge new coaster for 2016. but i doubt it. as the park doesn't seem to have a problem with closed areas, buldgs, and decrepit areas that should be fixed. the main goal is to stuff shareholders pockets with cash.

Don't understand why LD wasn't planned on being built in Movietown. Would've been perfect right in Freefall's old spot.

I love the idea of adding a small flat inside the observatory. They could add lights, music, other effects and make it a very fun ride. Kind like the centrifuge that used to be in seaside.

I'm all for retheming the DC themed rides that are not located in Movietown. GL could be turned into.. The Great American Green Machine ;)

IMO the most obvious retheme would be Gotham City. DC makes no sense with 3 DC-themed coasters being sprinkled in other areas of the park. Batman is definitely unique and popular enough to theme an entire area to and could look very good.

A movie-themed area just won't work without WB owning the park anymore. Licensing a bunch of movies, on top of the existing DC themes, costs a lot of money. DC is already in their pocket so that makes it a lot more feasible.

• 3 weeks later...

im not sure why the park attempts to theme anything, they do not maintain it, stop wasting money and invest your themeing budget on something else

I agree, but they're basically on that path. Zumanjaro's queue and station look like someone's backyard patio compared to the landscape they built for Ka.

Edited by pashacar

Which is why they're adding LP to the area so it's not just a giant empty space of an area. My wish would be with since they're focusing on that area anyway they might as well try to add some themed elements or shrubbery so it doesn't look like, as pashacar quoted "someone's backyard patio"

^ You don't really even need specific movie titles to make it Movie Town. Stuntman's FreeFall, Movietown Water Effect, etc were themed to Movie Town without the need for any licensing contracts.

Very true, but I just don't see the value of that theme without the licensing, especially when they already have two Batman-themed rides in the area and possess the licensing to do a Gotham City area.