VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 7- Fix the Parking Lot

the parking lot has been a disaster for 40yrs, why will it change now? also, how about add parking lot attendants, and do what a lot of parks do, and direct guests where to park, row by row, before someone gets killed, with cars cruising every which way in the lots in the mornings.

^I can't tell you how many times I've almost been hit by a car speeding in the parking lot. Seriously though, I actually saw a car going 70 mph briefly once. Nearly as fast as Nitro!

I would like to see the lane for exiting the preferred parking lot separate from where people walking to their cars in the main lot are going. Usually people are trying to exit and others don't realize cars are driving there or not paying attention and the cars get impatient and sometimes start honking at the people walking which gets them annoyed.

I would also like to see the season pass parking lane return. It seems like sometimes they would use it but most the time last year when I was there it was closed.

I do not like the idea of preferred parking but if they are going to have it they should invest in putting up some of those "Do not backup - Severe tire damage" strips at the exit. I can't count how many cars I have seen enter the preferred lot through the exit without paying. Several of them even entered in reverse. Sometimes the parking lot is nuts.

One main thing they need to do is add more trash cans throughout the parking lot. On busy days, at the end of the night the few they have out there are filled so everyone just throws their trash wherever they want. It is the only park I have been to where I see that happen.

I'm not sure more trash cans would help much. If seems that if some people aren't walking past a can at the moment they are ready to dump their trash its going to end up on the ground. If someone is at their car why cant they keep their trash and toss it at home instead of throwing it on the ground? If people cant even keep the trash in a bag in their car they won't walk a couple of feet to a can in the lot.

This would have been a good one for "Grind My Gears". I hate to see the trash in the lot at closing time.

• Like 1

I think some of the trash issuse may be a new yorker problem. I have been to other parks where the parking lots had hardly any trash cans yet you don't see huge piles of trash left. GADV is the only park I have been to where the majority of guests are from NYC and they seem to be used to littering everywhere.

^It's partly cultural with New York and Philly, sure, but I also recall hearing a few years ago that the park preferred having it dumped on the ground rather than in cans, because they ran some kind of street sweeper/zamboni thing through the lot after hours. If they can save on the staffing and supplies from having an army of cans, I'm sure they've chosen that over improving the guest experience of having to walk through a sea of garbage to get to your car.

Edited by pashacar