VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 10- Replace/Reduce In-Park Advertising

I agree. Simple advertising is clean, tasteful and to the point. I understand they need sponsors and that does not bother me; Disney has been doing it ever since they opened Disney World; and their advertising makes sense most of the time..

For Great Adventure it's the opposite. Best example I believe was Welsh's Fruit Snacks used on the sails on the ships all over the hurricane harbor wave pool. Drove me crazy trying to sit there and relax and looking at those stupid sails!!!

I will never eat Welsh's Fruit Snacks again!

• Like 1

IMO the worst ads are the Takis ones at Skull Mountain and the Twix wrapping on Twister. Those two need to be either toned down or gotten rid of. Also the name Plymouth Rock Assurance Arena is ridiculous.

Toning down the ads would make the park look better and make me actually care about the ads themselves.

I don't mind the ads on the billboards/stands that change or on Six Flags TV. It's the ads on the ride structures, in the station and on the trains that bother me the most.

I agree about the Takis ads being bad. I think in 2010 when Karate Kid came out, I remember thinking how much those ads took away from the theme of Kingda Ka (and the Smurfs a year or two later). Also the Polly O ads on the Fort and Runaway Mine Train were bad too.

I know that we have so many Superhero themed rides already but one good thing about that is those rides are left alone with no ads.

Unfortunately, the genie is out of the bottle with advertising and it will never go away, but they really should try to do more of the clever and appropriate ads. I think (for the most part) their partnership with M&M Mars is a perfect example of doing it right. Painting the Skyride cars as M&Ms was brilliant, and they've done some clever ads for/with other attractions too.

Yep I hate the over done ads in the park too. I really dislike the takis on skull mountain, stupid hulking banner across El toro, which already had the cars wrapped with Kia ads, so it's double ad over kill. I dislike the fluorescent wrapped RMT train ads too. I do like the m&m sky ride and the Kia cars aren't that bad on el toro .. They are low key for the most part. And yes to the above who said they hated the welches sails in HH as well. I cannot stand looking at them and actually shook my head in disgust every time we went there this summer.

Edited by fetish911

I'm getting tired of hearing all the Jersey Boys stuf too. Granted, i saw the show and it was great, but enough is enough. Same with the Taki's and everything else. I don't even mind the Kia cars there scattered in the park. It actually made me decide that my next car is going to be the Kia Soul after the doors were open and I sat inside behind the drivers wheel. lol.

• 4 weeks later...

I really like the subtle Dr Pepper advertisement in the example picture above. It's placed in a way that is non-intrusive but still gets the point across.

The massive advertisements seen in the park these days are very disruptive. The "got2beglued" ads that would lather Kingda Ka come to mind. It has the complete opposite effect of what is intended in that it makes me less inclined to purchase the product. The other thing I can't stand is when the ads interfere with the ride's color scheme - the rainbow skittle banners on the El Toro cars from a few seasons ago were far from a good match for the ride's brown cars!