VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 24- Add, Update, and Maintain Theme Elements

If I saw that photo without looking at it too closely (noticing the play structure in the background) I would have thought it was from Animal Kingdom.

I would like to see everything in The Dark Knight working again. It was nice to see the Bat Signal working but the subway car at the end of the ride doesn't have a horn honking anymore, the hologram billboards no longer work and the lights in the tunnel sometimes don't turn on and the newer items like the barrel on fire at the beginning no longer work.

• Like 1

I remember Golden ingdom having alot more cold hardy palms than they do now. They do need care and perfect planting spots with protection from wind and good drainage. It takes 3 years for a plam to reach full hardiness after being transplanted and most were cut down in the second year. You can see a couple of Windmill palms in the photo.

They could also plant musa basjoo bananas, they are bulletproof plants for our climate.

Would be nice if they could fix the billboards and other effects in TDK. Building stuff is the easy part, maintaining stuff is the hard part and it never ends.

Edited by The Master

^ Any clue why they cut them down? It's a real shame, as I remember there was anticipation on this board of how lush and immersive it would be after a few years of plant growth.

And THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS is, to me, the single most important wish of the year. Going to a theme park should feel like an escape from reality . . . not like the mall.

My guess they either died or were really ratty looking. Plams need good drainage and many of them were planted in small islands right by the walkways where water pooled. Normal winters don't affect windmill plams but a unusually bad winter can really pound them and freeze burn all the fronds off making them appear they are dead. However Windmills can recover from complete frond loss and even spear pull but SF may not have known this and figured they were dead.

Other thing is where the plams were grown, windmills grown in FL and CA are much weaker than ones grown in NC or futher north. Same goes for Needle plams and drawf plamettos.