VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Right Stuff Mach 1 Adventure

29yrswithaGApass

Which film presented in Great Adventure's simulator theater is your favorite?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which film presented in Great Adventure's simulator theater is your favorite?

• The Right Stuff - Mach 1 Adventure
    • Dino Island - Get Petrified
    • Dino Island II - Escape from Dino Island
    • SpongeBob Squarepants
    • Superstition - starring Elvira Mistress of the Dark

We saw Fly Me To The Moon yesterday. It was the first thing we did. It was so terrible that it was funny. But it should not be a simulator! Too much unnecessary movement and an abrupt ending...if you can call it that!

-Dainan "It's the only show that during the pre-show I wanted to leave" Rafferty

I don't think it will last more than a season. Also it really does not have a ending, the movie justs stops. After it was over most of the people in the theater were yelling bring back Spongebob.

Edited by The Master

I'm the new friend :Muscles:

Sweet another lover of Elvira around. I'll admit that ride during Fright Fest is one of my guilty pleasures.

I suppose it stems from being allowed by my father to watch an Elvira movie which entailed a finale full of tassles and not much more way before I probably should have been able to see it haha. But the ride is definitely fun and I think Fright Fest would just not be the same without her headlining the simulator stage :)

BAH to the both of you! It's all about The Right Stuff!

Dainan-Right-Stuff.jpg

Me and my brother when we were younger. Awww

Does anyone know if the film for The Right Stuff is anywhere online?

-Dainan "I'd love to reach Mach 1 again!" Rafferty

I know I am in the minority here but I didn't think Fly Me to the Moon was THAT bad. I rather enjoyed it. The preshow was definitely lacking and not well timed and the ride ending was a big letdown, but I liked it more than SpongeBob. To be fair, I am not a SpongeBob fan - I find him annoying so I would rarely visit the sim theater at GA when it was playing. I would place the movie third in my list behind The Right Stuff and Superstition. I thought the graphics were high quality and the soundtrack was good except for the obvious voids. This is the first film in our theater that made use of vertical lift and descent movements on a true horizontal plane. The other movies never had the programming before for the seats so that was somewhat unique, but not that it would interest the general public. At this point I think it's hard for any audience to relate to the characters because the real movie hasn't been released yet and this is the first time we are seeing any of these bugs. If Fly Me to the Moon does well in theaters and the story and characters catch on, the ride could become popular.

^We'll see if it becomes popular! Didn't Spongebob use the vertical movement for the Pogo scene?

It did but that was for short up and down "jumps". If you watch the seats just prior to the descent in 'Fly' the cars are extended as high as they can go and move in one continuous swift motion down vertically to the floor.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's something I think all the fans of The Right Stuff - Mach 1 Adventure will appreciate! The following Channel 11 News video clip from the 1994 grand opening of the ride contains a lot of the themed elements and early features of the ride that we've discussed here. Also included in the background are audio and visual segments from the ride's film footage. It even includes the smoking jet engines testing in the ride's queue! There's a lot of "great stuff" on the "Right Stuff" in here! Enjoy!

gallery_2_28_23372.jpg

A simulator with OTSR's, wow! I hope we don't get that type of simulator.

Luis L.

B.T.W: Danian, do you agree with my film replacement suggestions. Also I agree that Right Stuff should come back.

im sorry but what is an OTSR?

• 1 month later...
Which Right Stuff ride had the most theming, ours or Six Flags Over Texas' Right Stuff?

Luis L.

I haven't been to Six Flags Over Texas but I believe their version (which opened in 1995) was scaled down some and lacked a lot of the extensive area theming that was found at GA.

SFT009.jpg

1994294.jpg

Now to just get all of that theming back. It's too bad it all dissapeared because most of it would have gone well with the moon based simulator we have now. I would just lvoe to see all that theming again at some point outside the simulator because it just looked so cool when I was younger lol.