VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

GAH's request for Spotlight Material

29yrswithaGApass

This topic will be used for posting requests for contributions of photos and material to be used in future Spotlights on GreatAdventureHistory.com. Please make sure any photos submitted are your own and not from a secondary source. Proper credit will be noted on any photos published in the Spotlights. Thanks in advance for any contributions.

Here's the first request. Does anyone have a full picture of the parachute ride/observation tower at Knott's Berry Farm in California similar to this view?

Scan10018_small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know fellow park enthusiast Doug Rathbone?

If you happen to know his email (or if you are reading this Doug) please email us at feedback@greatadventurehistory.com . A video was compiled on Great Adventure several years ago by him and we would like to get permission to use it in a future Spotlight.

Thanks.

Quest for Camelot Nights was a "nighttime spectacular" held in the Great Lake Grandstands during the late '90s. Based on the Time Warner animated film Quest for Camelot, the show featured fireworks, water screen technology, and special lighting which had been installed around the Great Lake.

Does anyone have any photos or video of Quest for Camelot that they could share for a future Spotlight?

gallery_2_4_123330.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted:

Television or radio commercials - new and old for Great Adventure (Theme Park, Safari, or Hurricane Harbor).

These can be either digital files or even on VHS video tapes.

We know there are several posted on YouTube, but if you have any recordings of these that you can share with us,

please send us an email at feedback@greatadventurehistory.com .

Thanks for your contributions.

I have 90 video tapes. :Z48:

I used to have a master list of everything I had on tape. I had it broken down by relevance to Disney, GADV, other amusement parks. Perhaps I'll find that list. I know I have allot of Time Warner "Entertainment News" and "Bigger than Disneyland and Closer to home" commercials. Someday I'll find them again. I know I have Skull Mountain and Chiller commercials, somewhere.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Does anyone have any photos or movie footage of the Safari gates in action which lead into and out of the lion and tiger sections in the 1970s and early 1980s? If so, please drop us a note at feedback@greatadventurehistory.com. Thanks!

I may have a few pics. of the gates working. I have to get in touch with my Father. My old pics, from 78' and 81' are from my Mom and Stepdad's collection. I quess you guy's are trying to get a Safari Spotlight together. I used to love the operation of the gates, they would let about 5 or 6 cars in, with the gate in front of you closed. They would then close the gate behind you and then open the one in front. It was a good way to keep the hungry Lion's and Tiger's from dining on the Antelope.

I quess you guy's are trying to get a Safari Spotlight together.

At any given moment we have a bunch of Spotlights in various stages of completeness. If you see something in this topic it is usually for a Spotlight that is still quite a ways out. It is sort of like aircraft stacking up at the airport waiting for clearance! :)

We also have some that have been in a "holding pattern" for a long time!

We've only completed a small percentage of the Spotlights, but those are actually just the building blocks! You'll see! :)

Really, You have made quite a few Spotlight's already. Are you going to eventually cover all building's in the park? And will you cover the smaller shop's, say like Hocus Pocus's old spot?