VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Houdini's Great Escape

GAcoaster

I had already known that Houdini was reopening for Fright Fest, but what a surprise it was today, visiting the park, and discovering the ride already open!!!

I had never been on Houdini before, having visited GA for the first time in 15 years just last summer, so today's ride on Houdini was a first time experience for me. LOVED IT!!

I highly recommend this ride to anyone who hasn't been on it yet. Never know, it might disappear again before anyone can say "poof".

I went on today for the very first time. Loved it!! Holy Cow, that ride absolutely ROCKED!! (literally, too!)

They must keep this thing open, everybody was having an absolute ball on this ride!!!

Wow! That's exactly what I thought. I knew it'd be open, just not that quickly :lol: . I also thought that there would be a small ceramonie... IT seems like nobody realizes that it reopened, becasue everyone just walks past it. I like the pictures. :D If you want to see more, click Here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
That's good to hear, with less rides open for Frightfest than ever this year (since there won't be Elvira) we need as many rides open as we can get to help with lines.

speaking of the sim theatre....is the THEATRE gutted or only the quenue?

any anyway, while your right about rides, it really doenst matter,most people who come for frightfest only come for the entertainment and coasters. I'd rather them, save money this season by not having those rides so theres more capital to invest in in future seasons.

As long as Houdini and coasters are open crowds will be happy,

now if only we could get that damn hayride back!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

^ That photo was from 1999, the year the ride opened. (Sorry for the delay, just saw your post for the first time!)

I am happy to report that all the special effects in Houdini are operating and looking good inluding the cyrstal ball in the main theater and the spinning projector in the preshow! The only thing that was amiss was a piece of torn wallpaper. They even added new books to the bookshelves.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Looks like Legoland in California is adding a Vekoma Madhouse. Apparently Legoland Windsor (UK) has one already. I wonder if the other Legoland parks will also add them? 

Houdini is such a fun family ride, it seems like a great fit for Legoland. I'm still surprised that GA and SFNE are the only parks in the US with them so far (20+ years later).