VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 17 - Open the Old Country

I would really like to see this happen. What park doesn't have bumper cars? Even if they only opened the rides back up and kept the games area closed, it couldn't cost that much, could it?

I would take a round or two on the bumper cars and a cycle on the Musik Express once or twice a year. It would make my stay at the park last longer, as would a ride on a waveswinger, Houdini and a scrambler. I miss the days when my friends and I would spend the whole day at the park (and buy 3 meals and souviners, Mr $hapiro.)

V

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Alright, ya got me! I've heard from some sources that that area of the park is jinxed or something because of it and I just don't want any rides that are put there to break down.(And I also admit that I have total empathy for what happened there and support the idea for a memorial, I know crazy aren't I :wacko: .)By the way, this is how I looked when I read your replies... :blush:

Edited by SFGAvip

Well, it looks like there'll be a show in Showcase Theater this summer, and I really hope they'll open the Bumper Cars. I have empathy for the kids in the accident as well, but I really think this space needs to be used.

I'm just glad people found out about this incident. Sometimes incidents somehow never get reported....

Musik Espress is for sale on italintl.com and by looking at the pictures, it has become legit scrap. The park can still repair it, but it would take FAR too much money then they are willing to spend, but I do hope atleast Autobahn will come back, but i'd rather it move to a new area in the park tahn be the lone ride in that wide open dead area of the park

It would be awesome if they moved autobhan to spinmiesters old spot to cut off old country and put something similar to Dare Devil Dive that is going up at sfog in OC and chillers old footprint, however keep the showcase theater and add a flat in freefalls spot and movietown will be alive once again :lol: .