VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Parachuter's Perch

29yrswithaGApass

Here are some photos from last Friday September 25th of the Parachutes being painted. To see additional photos of the painting project please visit out Spotlight Extras - Parachuters Perch album.

gallery_2_43_201304.jpg

gallery_2_43_463729.jpg

gallery_2_43_140657.jpg

gallery_2_43_407508.jpg

gallery_2_43_261607.jpg

gallery_2_43_331270.jpg

From the Golden Kingdom it almost looks like it hasn't been painted.

gallery_2_43_291316.jpg

I love the paint job mainly because we had 4 blank white towers sticking out of the sky. Now there are only 3. It gives the park color like most Cedar Fair parks. It brightens the skyline I just wish we would stop using red and yellow.

Robert, Boardwalk DOES have boards....At the main entrance near DDD down the straight path there are replica boards. With Bizarro and TDK I think any new area we get will give us theme. Amazing theme. Shapiro said it his self with the Chang talk. He said it will have new story, theme, and color. (Bizarro)

Bizarro is not a themed area, it's one ride. The area it's in is Frontier Adventures, and it doesn't fit that theme. There is a difference between a theme "park" and a themed "ride". Giving each ride a different, unrelated theme and placing them randomly between generic buildings does not make a theme park. A "theme park" actually themes the "park", not just the rides.

Robert I didn't say Bizarro was a themed are. It's an example of what themeing can and will be in years to come. Look at all of our other coasters. Is Nitro as themed as Bizarro or TDK? I think your defenition of THEMED is a lot different then most other human beings. I don't need Western Wheel Benches or Rootin' Tootin' Trashcans for me to feel like I'm in the wildwest. Nor' do most visitors that come to the park and Gadv IS a theme park because it does have different themed areas and not just crap everywhere like Dorney. Not saying Doreny has crap but there is no theme there. :sneaky2:

I've never been to Dorney, but I have been to real theme parks like Disney, Universal, and Busch. I do not believe my idea of theming is different from most, just different from yours. The benches and trash cans should not be themed to match the area they are in? That would not make you feel like you are in the wild west? But Bizarro does?

I believe " most other human beings " would agree a theme in a theme park is more than just one ride's name. Would you call the State Fair a theme park because each ride has it's own theme? A " theme park " means the park itself is themed, not just each ride. This DOES include the restaurants, restrooms, benches, and yes, trash cans.

Frontier Adventures is one of only two areas of the park that has a decent theme, because all the structures match the theme. ( except Bizarro )

Gee, I don't remember saying Bizarro fit into Frontier Adventures. I said nothing like that. I am with you on that one, it does not fit in at all but had Bizarro been in a new Superman themed area, I'm sure the current owners would of had made it look just as good as a theme park with no themed trashcans.

Anyway, nice paint job on the Chutes. Really stands out.

A theme park is not a bunch of rides with different themes thrown haphazardly around. The park itself has a theme and the rides fit into it. Not just the rides, but the restaurants, stores, restrooms, benches, streetlights, trash cans, ect.. You become totally immersed in the theme.

What theme does TDK fit into? Movie Town is not a theme. There have been movies made about everything imaginable. You could put anything in there and say it fits the theme. What is the theme of the area?

The Boardwalk is another lame attempt at a theme. It doesn't even have BOARDS. It also has no beach, sand, ocean, seagulls, ANYTHING associated with a boardwalk. It's just a bunch of unrelated rides thrown in the parking lot. Granted a boardwalk is a lot of unrelated rides, but there is a BOARDWALK and all the other ocean related things. This area more resembles a parking lot carnival than a boardwalk. People in New Jersey know what boardwalks are, you can't give them that and tell them it's a boardwalk.

The only areas with good theming are the Golden Kingdom and Frontier Adventures, and that has been ruined with the teepee removal and Bizarro.

Six Flags parks used to have distinctive themed areas, but through the years they have been diluted by adding rides, restaurants, and shops that do not fit the themes. The explanation I have received is that they no longer wish to be thought of as theme parks, but rather as thrill parks. In my opinion, being immersed in a theme makes the park "thrilling" and you can have all the same rides while having them fit into a cohesive theme.

You do realize that Six Flags never will achieve Disney/Busch Gardens quality in terms of themeing. They just don't have that type of budget.

You do realize that Six Flags never will achieve Disney/Busch Gardens quality in terms of themeing. They just don't have that type of budget.

Um, the Golden Kingdom has the most amazing theming outside of Busch & Disney... partially because it was designed by the same firm that has designed projects for BGW.

And now, back to the topic of PARACHUTER'S PERCH...

It doesn't take a huge budget to make a theme. They spent money re-theming Medusa, but didn't make the theme match. They could have spent the same amount of money on a theme that would match the area of the park the ride is in. They spend money on paint, but then choose colors that clash with everything around them. The same amount of money could be spent on colors that match.

• Like 1

First post in a while.

I visited the park today since May when I quit my job in Retail. I haven't seen the park evolve throughout the season, I haven't experienced any new attractions, I was just out of the loop.

Seeing the Parachutes today up close made me think- Six Flags is Corporate Sponsors with Starburst, correct? Tell me the colors don't replicate Starburst colors. I can only hope the park doesn't decide to theme this attraction after candy. However, I can't be too optimistic, I saw what they've done with Scream Machine. Let's just say I'm not happy with Got2b Glued- the Ride.

Six Flags is a co. thats in bankruptcy, they will take money anyway they can get it, got2be or starburst who cares as long as the rides are maintained and not removed. Six flags is no longer a theme park, there a thrill park, themeing areas isnt there priority.

Maybe they would not be in bankruptcy if they offered the things that the successful parks offer; themes that let you escape from the everyday and have a "great adventure", not the same advertizing and products they're bombarded with every day. In an attempt to make a quick buck from sponsors, they are hurting the bottom line in the long run.

• Like 1