VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Freefall

GAcoaster

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely love this spotlight (late to finally read it through I know). I miss having this ride over in the corner of the park especially when I was younger as it would normally be Batman to Freefall or Freefall to Batman when we were over there. It usually didn't even matter what the line time was we still had to hit that. I really wish it didn't have to go, but being a 1st generation model it was only a matter of time. Perhaps one day we will see a new fall take it's place :)

• 6 months later...

i rember when the park used to do season pass holder day, it was a colombus day that year and my friend chralie and i rode freefall around 87 times in a row wiyhout getting off, it was a crapy day and the park was completly empty. i wish i could ride freefall one last time, in my book when freefall was removed it was a massive loss to the park

• 5 months later...

Wow, this was one of my first, if not THE first ride I ever went on at Great Adventure. I was pretty young, and I was alone with my mom, as my dad and sister had gone off alone to ride something bigger. My mom being a kind of veteran at the park, had been on it before, and decided to take me on. I distinctly remember the rubber tube insulation on my restraint that seemed to be a make-shift fix for the restraint padding that had been torn off or something. Anyways, as we climbed the tower, I was pretty scared. We finally got to the top, and the car slid forward in that kind of mechanical-awkward manner. I was waiting impatiently for the buzzer, terrified. When it sounded, we dropped quick and slid into the breaks (facing up was awesome), then did that weird drop backwards into the station. A unique ride to say the least. I never got on it a second time however, and I'm kind of excited to have a chance to ride Demon Drop, now that it's moving to Dorney Park.

I never did get the chance to ride ol' Freefall either, mostly because I was a chicken when I was younger. So I'm very happy to see Demon Drop coming to Dorney and I'll finally get the chance to have the experience. By the way, I read the spotlight a while ago but I forger: is freefall's parts still around or were they recycled?

Freefall always kinda reminded me of the Ben Franklin Bridge with the trains running across it.

Dorney is now saying that they are going to remove their Krazy Kars (gas powered bumper cars) to make room for Demon Drop which sucks. I really don't know how or why they are putting Demon Drop there instead of Laser's old spot.

Edited by The Master

Over on YouTube, there is a really dumb comment on GADV's Freefall saying that "a girl was killed on this ride in the 80's. Her hair got caught it something and it ripped her whole scalp out, then they completely remodeled the cars". People are so stupid at times <_<

Edited by MarioSonic94

ya this has been a rumor for years and i researched this and there wasnt ever an incident that involved freefall from what i could find. Harry would be the one if there was ever an incident that woukd have record of this. Ive heard this rumor even way back when i worked in the park in 95.

There was never an accident on Great Adventure's FreeFall.

Great America in IL had an incident where one of its cars rolled back down the lift shaft but no one was killed or seriously hurt and the riders were treated and released from a local hospital. This resulted in extra safety measures for this type of ride including extra anti-rollbacks. The ride's (and all other first-gen FreeFall's) programming was updated with fewer blocks preventing a car from entering the elevator shaft until the previous car hit the brakerun down below.

Over on YouTube, there is a really dumb comment on GADV's Freefall saying that "a girl was killed on this ride in the 80's. Her hair got caught it something and it ripped her whole scalp out, then they completely remodeled the cars". People are so stupid at times <_<

There was always an untrue rumor that the freefall car left the runout and crashed into the Blue Parrot bathrooms :wacko:

• 11 months later...