VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Skull Mountain

29yrswithaGApass

Got a great way to add theme elements to Skully! First, change the theme form the African Legend of Skull Mountain to the Pirate legend of Skull Mountain, since everything else in the area is Pirate themed. Keep the Quenue the same, but turn back on the waterfall. Then, the skeletons before the second lift hill dress as pirates. Then, put a pirate ship(about as tall as the mountain) inside the mountain and put pirates on the ship, and project a talking skull and cross bones on the mast that says things like "dead men tell no tales" and "ARGHHH!" Have the coaster wind through the pirate ship. Then, at the end with the strobes, replace the skull guy at the end with two pirates around a treasure chest. Then, just hang pirate ghosts(halloween decorations) from the cellings to "loom" around the ship.

I actually have high hopes for Skull Mountain this coming Season. With the Waterfall illustrated on the Map, and the fact that the "Spider Of Change" spent a weekend on it as well.

I noticed the waterfall on the map when I looked at it as well and that is what I first thought about when looking at it. It would be nice to see the water flwoing again on Skull Mountain as even the little with the strobes last year was nice so it would be like another step forward for the ride.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

^ They actually did add a new glow-in-the-dark sign at the bottom of the drop that says "TURN BACK". I can't help but think "It's a little too late for that" whenever I ride. I think it would be better if they had that during the queue. And the park shut off the queue line soundtrack! I hope that was just temporary and it's back on soon :(

If you happen to feel something nibbling on your ankles while riding Skull Mountain don't worry. It is just some of the new special effects they have installed on the ride!

i wonder if thats the same guy that lived over by the fort, and wonder if his underground tunnels had anything to do with the washout over there?

• 7 months later...

So looks like there's a new sign? And they changed the inside decorations again. Still no queue audio, though. I'd really like to see an update for this ride. A nice fresh coat of paint, a re-do of the inside effects and the waterfall would be nice!

p1000031jwrxn.jpg

Edited by Up_Up_and_Away
Photo Added

So looks like there's a new sign? And they changed the inside decorations again. Still no queue audio, though. I'd really like to see an update for this ride. A nice fresh coat of paint, a re-do of the inside effects and the waterfall would be nice!

p1000031jwrxn.jpg

Looks like it was just simplified & repainted...

Picture-1306.jpg

• 3 years later...