VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure Artists

I thought I would start this topic thread just so we have a central place to reference any news related to the artists and designers associated with Great Adventure.

As mentioned in the trivia topic, Harry and Marion Zelenko created GA's original hot air balloon and tiger logo. Below is some additional artwork of the Zelenko's.

gallery_2_43_16533.jpeg

gallery_1_4_20059.jpg

gallery_2_43_6159.jpg

gallery_2_43_9499.jpg

• 1 year later...

Not sure if it fits here, but I have a charcoal drawing of me from my first day at the park in 75 somewhere in the house. The artist, Brian, told me to take a seat. I was so tired that I fell asleep while he did the drawing.

• 3 months later...
Not sure if it fits here, but I have a charcoal drawing of me from my first day at the park in 75 somewhere in the house. The artist, Brian, told me to take a seat. I was so tired that I fell asleep while he did the drawing.

Check out Steve's cool drawing from back in 1975! What a great souvenir to have from the park!

gallery_2_537_3664811.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

When the park first opened in 1974 full-size posters were displayed around the park to promote the park's headline entertainment. Below is a photo of Warner LeRoy near the Dream Street Tents next to a poster for the Great Arena. The photo below that is a picture of the actual poster.

gallery_2_30_93983.jpg

gallery_2_30_658488.jpg

Here is a photo of the Aqua Spectacle poster on display in the park:

gallery_2_30_814309.jpg

• 2 weeks later...