VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

War On Lines including a 1999 Opening Day Tour

29yrswithaGApass

War On Lines Poll - Check all that apply  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these rides added for the War on Lines have you ridden?

• Black Beard's Lost Treasure Train
    • Chaos
    • Escape From Dino Island II - 3D
    • Evolution
    • Great American Road Race
    • Houdini's Great Escape
    • Jolly Roger
    • Jumpin' Jack Flash
    • Medusa
    • Pendulum
    • Pirate's Flight
    • Rodeo Stampede
    • Spinnaker
    • Time Warp
    • Twister
  2. 2. Which of these kiddie rides added for the War on Lines have you ridden?

• Bugs Bunny Land - Daffy's Duccaneer
    • Bugs Bunny Land - Wile E. Coyote Speed Trap
    • Looney Tunes Seaport - Bugs Bunny Fun Factory
    • Looney Tunes Seaport - Bugs Bunny Seaport Barnstormers
    • Looney Tunes Seaport - Daffy's Deep Diver
    • Looney Tunes Seaport - Elmer Fudd Weather Balloons
    • Looney Tunes Seaport - Hand Crank Cars
    • Looney Tunes Seaport - Michigan J. Frog's Fun Flotilla
    • Looney Tunes Seaport - Pepe LePew's Hearts Aweigh
    • Looney Tunes Seaport - Road Runner Railway
    • Looney Tunes Seaport - Sylvester's Pounce & Bounce
    • Looney Tunes Seaport - Taz's Seaport Trucking Company
    • Looney Tunes Seaport - Taz Tornado
    • Looney Tunes Seaport - Yosemite Sam Flight School

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This right here is a monster spotlight combination. There was some huge effort put into this considering just how many rides needed to be covered and how much information there was to put together to mkae it complete. I myself actually missed out on the War on Lines as I did not get back to the park at that point until 2001 where I finall had a season pass, so by that point in time things had already begun to revert to where they had been before the massive additions. Many of the rides listed here I never even saw in the park as I either did not venture to them, or they were not operational on days that I was there. This was an enormous concept by the park to attempt top put in place, and even though it did not pan out the way they would have liked it to, for a very short period of time the varierty of rides in the park was astounding. Perhaps one day we will see such variery again in a way that is both economically feasible and able to be staffed with no issues.

Great spotlight about the war on lines, GAdv had some really nice family flat rides back then and I do miss some of them. I never saw the Octopus ride running in it's brief time at the park. GAdv has had staffing problems long before War on Lines and even this past season they still had some staffing problems and removing rides is not the best or only way to fix it.

Hey guys, thanks for the spotlight. '99 was one of my favorite years in the park. My friends and I had so much fun doing endurance runs on Jump, flipping contests on Chaos, riding Pendulum, trying Evolution, memorizing Houdini and even operating the Cows. I never figured out how to make them do all those crazy moves tho. I think I'm the only one who liked Time Warp, but I can't take that kind of pain anymore ;) I loved almost everything installed that year, including the Carnival of Chaos, the Hollywood Animal Actors Show, Dino Island and the new Peking Acrobatics show. 99 is when I became a season pass holder. The additions reminded me of the old days of the Enchanted Forest. Well, you win some and

If only the park woud do something BIG like that this year(it's a nine year). Fireworks and a revamp aren't enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering the current economic climate, I think we're quite lucky; many parks in the industry aren't getting anything, neither new additions nor re-inventions of old classics... Consider how much weekly fireworks will cost, in addition to major rehabs of Medusa, the Big Wheel and various structures around the park...

^Exactly. And considering how incredibly bad the economy is right now, for the park to give us five new restaurants, a new candy shop, a completely rehabbed coaster, a firework show, a completely rehabbed Ferris Wheel, and general maintenance, I'd say the park has been more than generous, and this season is going to be spectacular!

Not even the economy, but consider how bad of shape the company has looked in the last few years in terms of debt and their stock value and everyting. We should be lucky that we aren't seeing more rides removed to relieve some staffing salaries for the season let alone having money spent on the new stuff. I think at the end of last year most of us were figuring that the Medusa revamp was going to be the highlight of 2009, and even that has been at least equalled by some of the other projects going on right now. I think that the company as a whole has really done a decent job trying to give their customers some nice new perks for the upcoming season when clearly they really did not have to do a lot of what they are.

Edited by JetsDevs4Lyf

I rather have 5 new flat rides (not little kids rides) than 5 new restaurants and a new shop that sells candy way overpriced. Still I am very glad both Medusa and Big Wheel are getting rehabs and no rides are being removed this year considering how bad a shape SF is in. But I still wish Houdini would reopen and the park installs a new swing ride, maybe next year.

Edited by The Master

Hopefully things will go well for GAdv this season so there will be money for more improvments next year. 1999 was a neat time in the park's history and I am glad I was there to witness it but I still can't believe it was 10 years ago already LOL.

Edited by The Master

I remember my first visit to GAdv for the 1999 season and right away you could tell alot of the new War On Lines flat rides where not meant to stay inside of GAdv for long and I believe that was part of the plan back then.

I have a question

16%20LT7.jpg

In the portal for Looney Tunes Seaport, when was the boat with Yosemite Sam, Sylvester, and Daffy Duck added

One thing I miss from the front section of Looney Tunes Seaport, was the fountain. It was more appealing than the Henry the Octopus fountain. I also believe that it was the only one throught all of the Six Flags chain to feature Henery Hawk

17%20LT2.jpg

The Loony Tunes fountain was in the park a few years before 1999, it used to be over in the western section near Rolling Thunder. In 1999 the fountain was moved to the then new Loony Tunes Seaport.

Edited by The Master