29yrswithaGApass

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For some reason I really like this ride. It could be becasue it was the "new attraction" when I started working at the park. I always try to ride this style of ride at parks I visit but there are fewer and fewer of them. Busch Gardens Tampa's seems to take forever to load the ride.

In all honesty I have only ridden this and others like it about a dozen times, but you just don't see many of them popping up anymore. I can remember this ride as always being in the park since I remember it, so it just seems like something I would absolutely notice if gone, even without being a faithful rider. I can say, however that I have ridden it more the past few season than I ever did when I was younger.

Even though I have been going to the park for many years I rode Looping Starship for the first time last year. For years I was afraid it would make me sick (which rarely happens to me), but it is not sickening at all but the bars do hurt. I can still remember seeing it where Chiller used to be and GAdv should keep it since they don't have many flats now.

It seems that almost all the flats were slowed or the ride cycle reduced at some point- even the Carousel. A lot of the changes occurred in 1988 after the park did a site-wide review of all their rides and safety procedures. I am sure the park's insurance company also had a say in the decision.

You can understand why they have to slow coasters for safety and/or maintenance reasons, but why run lame top spin programs? I'm not sure how GAdv's is, but Twister at SFNE has been running programs that flip once, if at all! The purpose is to thrill and flip you end-over end, it's a Top SPIN not a Top rotating sightseeing gondola!

• 1 month later...