VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Looping Starship

29yrswithaGApass

Why do you say the LS is out? The entire ride is intact in this photo and the guys with the crane are working on the Scream Machine's pretzel.

Edited: Oh wait, the counterweight is gone. S@#$!

Edited by J4Sing

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly never would have noticed that had it not been pointed out there. If the ride heads off to the boneyard, who knows what might eventually might happen with it. I would at least like to see the ride placed somewhere else since it has been such a classic ride.

I always loved the looping starship and am sad to see it go just months before my first GA visit in 15 years. I'll never forget the first time I rode it, and my buddy sitting next to me was freaking out and the veins on his temples looked like they were going to burst out of his skull. I'll be visiting the park in June with the same buddies, kind of like a reunion because we always went to GA together. To compensate, however, there is the Kingda Ka, which I am sure will finally do the old fellow in. We're all doomed when we get on that thing. Can't wait!

^ The place has changed in 15 years! I'm sure you'll have a great time!

We have been pretty fortunate with our Looping Starship ride. It has been in operation the longest out of all the other Six Flags parks. All the other models in the system were rotated about, some several times, and all (less one) ultimately removed years prior to ours. Six Flags Over Georgia added the Looping Starship the same year as GA then removed it, only to add the same type of ride back several years later, and then remove it again for construction of Goliath.

Even though ours was relocated to another area of the park for 1997, we've been lucky to have it for 23 seasons.

• 3 weeks later...

The Looping Starship's long run at Great Adventure has come to an end. The ride has been scrapped instead of relocated to the boneyard or another park. Additional opening day photos can be seen in the Gallery (Click Here).

The ride sign less miniature space shuttle model.

gallery_2_4_20455.jpg

The abandoned ride station:

gallery_2_4_256153.jpg

Parts of the ride including the wings:

gallery_2_4_383061.jpg

gallery_2_4_319105.jpg

gallery_2_4_311595.jpg

The scream machine was one of our first stops of the day (after processing and Fly Me To The Moon) and it was odd to see the Starship completely gone. I was however, surprised to see that the platform was still there only because with the ride gone for so long now I would have thought that would be gone too.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
i noticed that all of the looping starships q and op booth and base and all electrical motors are still in place do you think we could see it return after a major over haul?

gallery_154_472_17205.jpg

Probably won't come back,they are probably just being cheap and lazy and only removing the ride part.

• 7 months later...