VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Super Teepee

The Best of the West surely seems to be lacking something without the colorful Teepee.

The park should salvage the strongest log out of the bunch and have it carved into a totem pole which could stand near the old Super Teepee site. It would add to the theming of the area while at the same time pay tribute to this lost landmark.

I think a totem pole would look good over there and is a great idea! :) Perhaps something along those lines with some sort of interactive themed attraction around it using the Teepee Footstep.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The footprint would be a good spot for a drum circle. Get about 20 bongo drums of various sizes and keep it open for sit ins all day. They do it at EPCOT and at Saturday markets in the northwest. Fun!

That is so sad, I think the management is going too far with ripping stuff out now.
You make it sound like they wanted to take it down. Edited by redsoxfan0810

I thnk they did try to figure something out with the Teepee before this happened. If they hadn't, considering so many rides that weren't functioning were being removied, they most likely would have taken the Teepee out well before the storm that decided its fate. I think that there may have been plans to get it in shape at some point, even if not right now, simply because it was such a unique structure.

They did care about the Super Teepee, and tried to save it, but the problem is for many years a lot of maintenance was postponed or just not done, to the point of now a lot of the structures and rides need MAJOR investments to be saved. As sad as I am to see the Super Teepee gone, there wasn't much choice, and if it came down to spending money to save the Super Teepee versus spending it to save something else that needed the investment (The Big Wheel, The Skyride, Runaway Mine Train, etc.), it was a sacrifice that was well worth it.

Well the logs were rotted, there is not much you can do about that excpet replace it. The problem was it was a flawed design, putting logs into the ground like that was dumb. But the Teepee probably won't be replaced anytime soon. If they ever do build a new Super Teepee it should be a steel frame painted to look like logs.

Edited by The Master

Well the new concrete does have the electrical wiring run through it so my guess is we will be hearing about the Teepee's replacement in the near future. Clearly they have something in mind to have run that wiring and just leave it blocked off with planters. Seems like more would have been done to protect that if something were not in the works.

Sad to see it go. But it really did last a long time considering it was made from logs rather than steel. Hopefully in the near future it can be replaced with something similar.

Well the new concrete does have the electrical wiring run through it so my guess is we will be hearing about the Teepee's replacement in the near future. Clearly they have something in mind to have run that wiring and just leave it blocked off with planters. Seems like more would have been done to protect that if something were not in the works.

Well I am sure they would want to keep the power service their for some future project for that spot. Only time will tell what will be going there.

I realized the HUGE advantage to the Teepee not being there will be during Fright Fest when that walkway gets so crowded normally.

Good Point. They could in theory too place one of their smaller shows in that spot or something like that if they wanted, but there will certainloy be more walking room all season long.

• 3 months later...

I would like to see a new Teepee there...but if they can't do that, then a Condor or Drop Tower. The queue would just wrap around the ride, it can fit. But it would make the area a little more crowded!

^Or we can go with an indoor scrambler inside a Teepee and make it themed to some sort of ritual and theme th inide with stars, smoke and shizz