VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Medusa (AKA Bizarro)

GAcoaster

Very nice spotlight as usual, remember last year how Medusa had shorter hours hopefully the Bizzaro version won't have shorter hours when it reopens. I remember that during the summer the park would close down Medusa early for concerts in the arena.

Awesome spotlight on a very underappreciated ride in the park. I can still remember a local radio promotion for the ride that had one of their dj's on the air as he took one of the first rides on Medusa when it opened for the 1999 season. I was so jealous at the time as I made my way to school for the day, and it wasn't for a long time that I actually was able to experience the ride for myself. Though I didn't really ride Medusa the last few years (due to the fact that I seemingly always walked away from it with a very large headache) I still enjoyed the occasional spin on the coaster. I'm not too big on the Bizarro thing at all, but here is hoping to some renewed interest in a coaster who deserved much better than the delayed openings it saw later in it's original run.

Finally!!! the long overdue Medusa Spotlight. I always thought this ride never got the respect it deserves. Ever since it opened it has been one of, if not, my favorite Coaster in the Park. There is not a rough or "jerky" spot on the entire Circuit. My favorite part of the ride is not one of the seven innversions, but the little hill after the Carousel turn, and before the first Corkscrew. I alway refer to it as the "Float Over". Every year it has been my first ride in the Park just about every visit. The only times it wasn't was the late opening's last Season. With the change to Bizarro coming I am very excited, anything done to this Ride to "plus" it is fine by me, and from the sound of what they have in store fot it will be very good. And just think, this will be first ride to possibly have two Spotlight's done on it, another first for Medusa. It was a first of it's kind and will always be known for that. My only questions about it are, How long was it the only Floorless Coaster in the World? and what Coaster was the second? Great Spotlight and I am looking forward the transformation to Bizarro.

Finally!!! the long overdue Medusa Spotlight. I always thought this ride never got the respect it deserves. Ever since it opened it has been one of, if not, my favorite Coaster in the Park. There is not a rough or "jerky" spot on the entire Circuit. My favorite part of the ride is not one of the seven innversions, but the little hill after the Carousel turn, and before the first Corkscrew. I alway refer to it as the "Float Over". Every year it has been my first ride in the Park just about every visit. The only times it wasn't was the late opening's last Season. With the change to Bizarro coming I am very excited, anything done to this Ride to "plus" it is fine by me, and from the sound of what they have in store fot it will be very good. And just think, this will be first ride to possibly have two Spotlight's done on it, another first for Medusa. It was a first of it's kind and will always be known for that. My only questions about it are, How long was it the only Floorless Coaster in the World? and what Coaster was the second? Great Spotlight and I am looking forward the transformation to Bizarro.

I could not agree with you more. I love this coaster, I may be a little biased but I always thought it was an extremely smooth ride and enjoyable. I was hoping for some candid photos of the employees, I'm sure I would have been in one or two of them. Having not gone to the park for almost 8 years, I was shocked to see the how much her paint and popularity faded when I visited this past fall. My favorite spot was the higher locking restraint seat in row 5. I would keep the harness locked in the minimum position and get an intense floating sensation coming out of the Zero-G roll!

To be completely honest, I'm a little disappointed with the improvements, I don't want to have to wait in line for her! :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

It's fine. There was an incident last season where the audio cut off at the top of the hill, but that was fixed within an hour. (I was on the train) Bizarro isn't number one, I think its number 2, right under Nitro. But, it doesn't seem as catchy. :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...