VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Medusa (AKA Bizarro)

GAcoaster

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't know if the worker at the front was paying attention yesterday when I went, a woman who was clearly pregnant was in line behind me. I was off before she ever got to the top so I don't know if the people at the top let her on or not. They are supposed to refuse to let them ride if they are pregnant aren't they?

There could be a few things,

#1-as stated above, maybe she wasnt pregnant

#2-she was but just was waiting with friends and just crossed over to the exit.

Im not sure how rides employees have to handle situations like that(someone may be able to answer) but i know with certain situations we are not supposed to acknowledge things such as breastfeeding, although there is no eating or drinking allowed on safari, we can only say 'no, or don't recommend' only if asked even though its a big choking hazard for the baby.

Im sure rides employees have certain steps they have to go through, but it seems like it'd be on that 'iffy' side of the scale of saying something without knowing 100% if she was, because then they can take offense and get really mad.

Oh yea, we have certain things to say to a guest, we aren't allowed to mention anything about a guest without them telling us first hand, unless its a situation that the guest cannot ride superman due to the positioning of the ride (i think you get what i mean) and even for that we have a way of telling them nicely that they won't be able to ride, which hurts because you never want a guest to be sad, but safety is always priority. But for a situation like that, i feel they would know not to ride while pregnant, so lets hope she didn't.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know whats wrong with Bizarro? There is one chronic problem that it always has. Whenever I am at the ride and it breaks down, I always see the mechanic people under the station platform, doing the exact same thing. So whats it's issue! I've heard a few rumors.

One was that the metal platform that you use to get on the ride (the one that folds down) is slow on one side, and this can trigger the rides safety alert system thing.

I also heard that it's something to do with one of the trains.

Yesterday for example, Sunday, it broke down for at least 30 minute or so. They had the train where it wouldn't leave the station, so they tried a few times, then made the announcement for minor technical difficulties. After this, they finally got the train to leave after about ten minutes. Then they ran all 3 trains empty, better safe then sorry! When they loaded up the trains again, it once again broke down. After about 30 minutes it was running smoothly again but I do wonder what it is. It is something in the loading area, but what? Any info?

Also, just out of curiosity, what brake run does the third train stop at? If all 3 trains are running, and one is stuck in the station, the second is waiting in the brake run behind it, where does the third stop? I know there are a few places it could but where?

Haven't been to the park we this year so I can't answer the first question, but Bizarro has six blocks--station, lift, Mid course brakes, first brakes before turn into brakes, and two blocks before the station. In cases of double stacking, the final train sits on the second block out of the station, just behind the covered portion of the brakes.

^ It happens occasionally if something slows up a dispatch, usually you don't sit on the 2nd block's that long before moving up a spot. They could have all 3 train's on blocks and none in the Station if the need ever arose also.

That makes sense now, but i still wonder what the problem is. I wish that the workers there could tell you, instead of the same "At this time Bizarro is experiencing minor technical difficulties, you can stay on line or leave through the exit if you would like".

I don't think the park wants to say that there is a catastrophic failure of the ride systems Please leave the ride screaming so everyone in the park knows there are safety issues. But seriously, I'm sure the ride ops don't always know what the issue will ultimately turn out to be and 9 out of 10 times it is minor technical difficulties that are resolved quickly.

I know this sounds random but if you pay close attention, when a train goes through the zero g element, the supports actually shake a little. I'm sure its perfectly safe and designed that way, but just a little observation I made when I was bored waiting in the queue lol. Also, with 6 blocks does that mean they could run 4 trains if they had an extra train? Just curious.

• 6 months later...

A little news for my still favorite Coaster in the Park, that it has been just revealed by "Latino Review" that in "Batman v Superman : Dawn Of Justice", the third villian will be none other than the bizarre one himself "Bizarro". As the last remiaing "Bizarro" conversion out there, i think ours may be sticking around a little longer. I think i am in the minority still, but i have always liked it just where it is, for the concept of what "Bizarro" truly is, it is the perfect spot in the Park for it to be in. It's not supposed to "fit in" at all. The on-screen version will most likely be pretty Comic Book accurate, so it may see a little boost coming up this season. BvS is only in a couple months now.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=129925

Edited by Railer

I know this sounds random but if you pay close attention, when a train goes through the zero g element, the supports actually shake a little. I'm sure its perfectly safe and designed that way, but just a little observation I made when I was bored waiting in the queue lol. Also, with 6 blocks does that mean they could run 4 trains if they had an extra train? Just curious.

I think Bizarro can run with 4 trains, kinda like how Green Lantern has two but can actually run 3.

• 6 months later...