VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Medusa (AKA Bizarro)

GAcoaster

SFNE's Bizarro had problems and people just didn't like the seats. Everyone loves our Bizarro, one of the main reasons the theming. Yeah, they could take Bizarro's theme elements and make them a Medusa theme but would people really like that?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Some are saying that it’s gonna be renamed to Riddler’s Revenge. 

I really hope that’s not gonna be the case. Here’s a chance to finally give the ride a proper Western name and theme that it should’ve had since 1999. 

• Like 2

Photo is from the park’s Instagram story.

Can’t personally say I would be a fan of a Bizarro to Riddler transformation.  It’s taking a ride theme that’s already out of place and making it potentially worse.  That being said, something to boost the ride’s popularity would be a good thing.

1ECD8164-E45D-4374-9194-C6DA1058E014.png

• Like 1

I hope they actually do well with the theming to Riddler and it isn't just a new color scheme with a new sign. The mist, fire, etc. is one of the things that makes Bizarro so unique so I hope they don't remove them and just give them a new purpose. 

A much as I love Bizarro, I think the ride has had its life at Great Adventure and needs to probably get removed for a new western-themed roller coaster considering its in Frontier Adventures. But I think we all know whats going to happen, its getting rethemed to Riddler.

Retheming to another DC villain is weak. I rather see the coaster returned to the original Medusa Mine theme. Hopefully, this is not a start of a nes trend of just retheming existing rides rather than adding new attraction ala Disney. 

On 11/8/2021 at 10:39 AM, Eugene Krabs said:

A much as I love Bizarro, I think the ride has had its life at Great Adventure and needs to probably get removed for a new western-themed roller coaster considering its in Frontier Adventures. But I think we all know whats going to happen, its getting rethemed to Riddler.

Please no, Green Lantern has had a much shorter life at the park and would be my desired choice of removal. Medusa is one of the park's legacy coasters that helped put Great Adventure on the map, I would be pretty heartbroken to see it leave. 💔

• 3 months later...

A full gallery of Six Flags Great Adventure's B&M floorless coaster Bizarro has been added to our site.  All these photos were taken on the ride's last day of operation as Bizarro as preparation for the repainting and retheming of the ride back to Medusa is underway.  You can see the entire gallery HERE.  Below are some samples.

large.1975148335_2021_11_07_IMG_2330copy

large.507087652_2021_11_07_IMG_2390copy.

large.1623743376_2021_11_07_IMG_2341copy

large.1921025939_2021_11_07_IMG_2344copy

large.58389845_2021_11_07_IMG_2376copy.j

large.27398313_2021_11_07_IMG_2367copy.j

large.835760276_2021_11_07_IMG_2349copy.

I noticed the last couple of years that the blue paint has been chipping pretty bad off the old green paint. Hopefully they remove the failing blue paint first and not paint over it. 

12 hours ago, The Master said:

I noticed the last couple of years that the blue paint has been chipping pretty bad off the old green paint. Hopefully they remove the failing blue paint first and not paint over it. 

Well, I'm sure they know to use the pressure washer to clean and strip loose paint. 

1 hour ago, jollyroger said:

Well, I'm sure they know to use the pressure washer to clean and strip loose paint. 

The best way to repaint something is to first completely strip away all the old paint first but that is not always practical. Even sections that aren't loose now will become loose later as the adhesion failure spreads. Painting over old paint can cause weird issues, one of the worst is when new paint dissolves the old paint layer which is called paint biting. I would imagine they use some type of single stage urethane paint. Not use if they use one part (1k) or two part (2k)?       

Edited by The Master
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 1:07 AM, The Master said:

The best way to repaint something is to first completely strip away all the old paint first but that is not always practical. Even sections that aren't loose now will become loose later as the adhesion failure spreads. Painting over old paint can cause weird issues, one of the worst is when new paint dissolves the old paint layer which is called paint biting. I would imagine they use some type of single stage urethane paint. Not use if they use one part (1k) or two part (2k)?       

It is always best to start fresh, for ride vehicles they probably strip it to bare metal or fiberglass, but for a large roller coaster like that they generally try to blast as much paint off as possible with high pressured water, prime areas that need it and paint over the old stuff it seems. 

We all know that doing something the right way or what someone may define as the best way, is usually not the most economic way in the short term.  Unfortunately, many companies choose the quickest and cheapest way of accomplishing things, simply because the costs involved do have an affect on short term profits, especially when there is little planning behind the task at hand.

• 1 year later...