VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Wile E. Coyote Speedtrap

29yrswithaGApass

This always seemed like one of the better rides in Bugs Bunny Land, and I've never understood why it was open so infrequently. Yes, it was located in an out fo the way section of BBL, but when the SP entrance was there, there were a lot of people in that area.

We used the Season Pass Entrance alot when it was there. We would always put my Daughter Nicole (older one) on it as the first Ride of the Day. I remember it being open alot of the times we came in the Park thru the Season Pass Ent.

I remember walking by this when the season pass entrance, Whips are fun rides and both Dorney and Hershey have full size versions which they allow small kids to ride so it makes a kiddie version kinda pointless. When I was a kid I used to play in Porky's Pipeline alot.

A Whip is one of the flats I really want to see added to Great Adventure. If Rideworks is still in business (Hershey got theirs from them in 1997), it would be a great addition to the park.

• 9 months later...

Dessert Diggers and Porky Pig Pipeline were located side by side and Sylvester's Scooters were located across the walkway. By the mid 90s Diggers, Pipeline, and Scooters were all removed. The Scooters pen (without the Scooters) remained until Bugs Bunny Land was removed at the end of 2004.

The desert diggers were basically a sandbox with these little front end loaders you could sit on and scoop with:

adult_digger_014.jpg

The Sylvester Scooters were little self powered rides:

roller-racer.jpg

The Porky Pig Pipeline was AWFUL! If a kid didn't want to come out the parents had no way of getting them since it was too small for adults. On hot days it was closed (so most of the summer it was closed) because it was like an oven inside.

Most of the time the Scooters and Pipeline were closed and hardly anyone used the diggers. Self-powered attractions have never been successful at the park...kids want a ride where they don't have to do any work. That was also the downfall of the hand crank cars ride in Looney Tunes Seaport.

They were, and so was all metal playground equipment. Unfortunately in our world of over protection it's "too dangerous" to have metal things like that because it gets too hot in the sun. So now, instead of children learning to be careful when things get hot in the sun, they don't learn ANY life lessons.

I had a lot of fun with those sand diggers, the only bad thing about them was that sometimes bratty kids would hog them all for a really long time. That was another problem with the interactive and self-powered stuff at BBL was that a few bratty kids could hog that stuff for hours and not allow anyone else a turn. Sometimes when it was your turn some kids would try to steal it or fight you for it.

GAcoaster @ 6:25pm Feb 21 2010 The Porky Pig Pipeline was AWFUL! If a kid didn't want to come out the parents had no way of getting them since it was too small for adults. On hot days it was closed (so most of the summer it was closed) because it was like an oven inside.

*Sorry, I have trouble with the quoting... :Yummy:

I understand. The Porky Pig Pipeline was like a hot oven! Imagine you were in it one hot summery day and your hands would be HOT like you're in the Sahara Desert!!

Sylvester Scooters has about the same problem as Looney Tunes Seaport's Hand Cranks. Self powered rides are possibly the WORST for kids!

Just a few questions to ask..

• What year did the Scooters, Diggers, and Pipeline were removed?
  • Are you going to do a spotlight on those yet??
  • What did the signs of Diggers and Scooter looked like (like the Pipeline has a sign with Porky Pig on it)?

gallery_2_424_4237.jpg

Edited by GAThriller

Those Scooters were a toy you could buy at K-Mart in those days. I had one of those Scooters when I was a kid and it was the same thing as GADV 's Scooters. They probably were a very cheap ride for GADV since they probably just bought them from a nearby store.

Edited by The Master

At some point we'll be doing a Bugs Bunny Land spotlight with all of the individual attractions getting their own spotlights.

I don't remember the removal dates of the rides off the top of my head. The Sylvester Scooters are hard to pin down a date on because 90% of the time they looked like they were gone. When there was no one to work as an attendant, the scooters were packed away in a little locked box leaving just an empty concrete pad. That pad was later used for a Fast Lane rental kiosk right at the Season Pass gate.

• 8 years later...