Skull Mountain 2x

Blackbeard 1x

Parachutes 1x

erUPtion 1x

Parachutes 1x

Big Wheel 1x

Twister 1x

Fling 1x

TR: Myself and my mother were 2 of the lucky few people who got in the park for media day for free and we arrived at the park around 9:30. Since we had a while until Bizarro opened for us, we had a little snack at the Conestoga Wagon and quickly went on Runaway Mine Train. Then, I jealously watched the ribbon cutting ceremony and the Golden Ticket winners get to go on the first train. Before long, we were able to go on and I stopped to notice all of the new queue theming. I liked how they sort of kept the "Medusa Mining Company" moniker on the wall facade. I was luckily able to ride Bizarro 4 times in a row by occupying random empty seats, including the train with Mr. Six on the front row! My mother was also able to ride it twice, which to my knowledge is her first major coaster at GA since Lightnin' Loops.

After an attempt to ride El Toro (which I abandoned after seeing the HUGE line), we headed out of the park for lunch at Burger King. When we got back into the park, I went to the Lakefront section and rode Skull Mountain twice, Blackbeard, and Fling. When I went over by Bizarro, it had already opened to the public and had its queue completely full. Luckily, I tagged along with two random guys with Flash Passes and got to the front :thumbup1: .

I was able to ride Bizarro another 4 times; lucky me! After Bizarro, El Toro's line never cleared up, so I decided to ride Rolling Thunder, which was about a half-hour wait, which felt like FOREVER. Also, before I rode, I noticed Josh getting on the ride. If you're reading this, then I'm the one you said "Bizarro..." to because I was wearing the purple Bizarro shirt.

Then I headed over to the Boardwalk, and was able to ride the Parachutes, Twister and erUPtion. Superman had too long of a line and GASM was temporarily closed so I headed back to the Internet Cafe where my mom spent half the day reading magazines. We went on the Big Wheel together and then she went back to the Cafe while I rode Batman. I was able to get an empty seat on the front row :) . Since Nitro and Dark Knight each had really long lines, I went back to El Toro which had a much reduced line since the park was going to close soon. It was about a thirty minute wait for the third-to-back row, followed by a re-ride on an empty seat. Since I had only half-an-hour until the park closed, I went over to The Boardwalk to ride GASM, and Superman was down for the rest of the day, so it wasn't possible. I met up with my mother again and before long we were on our way home.

Overall: 9/10. Aside from Ka still being closed and the ridiculously long lines, it was a perfect day at the park. Riding Bizarro 8 times wasn't bad either ;) . I'll post my pictures later when I have time.

Edited by nbadude44

Pics:

im001536.jpg

GASM up close

im001537.jpg

The reason why were here

im001538.jpg

GASM testing

im001539.jpg

Ka is still closed

im001540.jpg

The star of the show

im001543.jpg

Mine Train testing

im001545.jpg

The lucky ones...

im001546.jpg

One of the first trains departs

im001548.jpg

Now THAT'S bizarre!

im001549.jpg

Trains look awesome

im001550.jpg

And even Mr. Six stopped by for a ride!

im001551.jpg

New Queue theming

im001552.jpg

Interesting...

im001553.jpg

Bizarro's opposite looks well

im001554.jpg

These things are kewl.

im001555.jpg

Blackbeard's always fun

im001556.jpg

DK was very crowded that day.

im001557.jpg

Parachutes were running

im001558.jpg

Fresh...

im001559.jpg

Uh... you do know your baqckwards self just got here and...

im001560.jpg

"Which one's the yellow one, Medusa?"- My Mom

im001562.jpg

Nice view of the rest of the park

im001564.jpg

Corkscrew lovers... I didn't forget you

im001565.jpg

Spooky...

im001566.jpg

Last ride of the day

im001567.jpg

New ads like these were posted all over the park