VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

A Great Adventure History Book

GreatAdventureHistory.com is proud to announce that we have just completed work on a book about the history of Great Adventure!

Titled Images of America: Six Flags Great Adventure, the book captures all the fun and excitement of the past 35 years at our favorite New Jersey park. At 128 pages, the book contains about 225 photos and tons of interesting park information. Thanks to the supportive team in the Great Adventure offices, we have been able to include many never before seen photos such as artist renderings, ride models, and chapters full of early park views.

While it can be pre-ordered on Amazon and BN.com now, the expected release date for the book is August 31st, 2009. Watch for this first book ever published on the history of Great Adventure later this summer at the park and in a bookstore near you!

Front Cover:

gallery_2_43_17050.jpg

Back Cover/Binding:

gallery_2_43_43896.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY!!!! This is something I have wanted for a long, long, time. For about the last five or six years I have gone to Guest Relations and asked the Park to do something like this, up until last year when I found out you Guy's were putting this out. Now, you are not only telling Great Adventure's History, but you are now part of Great Adventure's History. Congrat's to everyone at the Site that has put this together, it must of been a massive undertaking. And it must feel really good to see your name's on the Cover of it. Long after we all are gone, this will be around forever, you have truely left your mark on the World. And thank's to everyone at the Site and the Park for helping to get it together. Can't wait to get my hand's on it. Now we just have make it get on the Bestseller List!!!!

Rich

FINALLY!!!! This is something I have wanted for a long, long, time. For about the last five or six years I have gone to Guest Relations and asked the Park to do something like this, up until last year when I found out you Guy's were putting this out. Now, you are not only telling Great Adventure's History, but you are now part of Great Adventure's History. Congrat's to everyone at the Site that has put this together, it must of been a massive undertaking. And it must feel really good to see your name's on the Cover of it. Long after we all are gone, this will be around forever, you have truely left your mark on the World. And thank's to everyone at the Site and the Park for helping to get it together. Can't wait to get my hand's on it. Now we just have make it get on the Bestseller List!!!!

Rich

By the way Rich, the book contains a great photo of the Super Cat ride!

^ I am glad you finally got your hand's on one. And I figured you would make us all get the Book to see it. :D During it's time in the park it only had one location, correct? I don't think it was ever re-located but I am not sure. Did the Park provide the pic.? Or was it submitted by a Park Guest or Fan of the Site?

^ I am glad you finally got your hand's on one. And I figured you would make us all get the Book to see it. :D During it's time in the park it only had one location, correct? I don't think it was ever re-located but I am not sure. Did the Park provide the pic.? Or was it submitted by a Park Guest or Fan of the Site?

Super Cat had only one location - the current site of the Blue Parrot restrooms next to the Showcase Theatre. The photo is "Courtesy of Six Flags Great Adventure"!

It must have really cool being able to look thru the park's Collection of Pictures and Memoribilia. Were there any item's that really "blew you away"? I know you mentioned Model's of some of the Coaster's, do they have that sort of thing on Display or are they just in storage somewhere?

It was amazing! We ran across a lot of photos that would often stop us in our tracks because we just had to share them with one another. Usually it was accompanied by an "ohhh" or an "ahhh"! We learned plenty of new things, confirmed a bunch of stuff we were uncertain about, and had the great fortune of seeing a lot of things which brought back a ton of memories.

We are hopeful the book will bring back some great memories for readers too!

It must have really cool being able to look thru the park's Collection of Pictures and Memoribilia. Were there any item's that really "blew you away"? I know you mentioned Model's of some of the Coaster's, do they have that sort of thing on Display or are they just in storage somewhere?

I know some of the models they had were sold off at the auction in the late 80's (they had 3 or 4 Ultra Twister models there, one of which appeared to be a WORKING model). I believe most of the others are gone since they were big and unwieldy. The only one I know survives is the model of GASM that's out at SFMM in their museum at the top of the Sky Tower.

There were a bunch of really cool renderings, some of which made it into the book. The others may be showing up at some time in the future...

The Public Relations and Marketing departments have a decent collection of stuff, but there's no real "archive".

I would of been like Indiana Jones when he went into the Room where they keep the Ark Stored (Area 51) I wish they would sort of do a Mueseum somewhere in the Park. Maybe if the Book does really well, we will see something like that someday.