VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

A Great Adventure History Book

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that when i worked @ GA in 95 we still had to where themed uniforms for the sections, I worked on viper and we had to wear a red tablecolth checkered shirt and blue jeans or jeans shorts, my buddy worked at the dive show and he had to wear some really bad stuff, capri pants with stockings and a shirt that looked like someone attacked him with a can of redi-whip whipped cream.

• 3 weeks later...

The Book Signing is going to be at Barnes & Nobel's on Rt. 130, correct? Just want to make sure. I still don't have a copy yet. Did you guy's get an Agent to set all this up, or is it the Publisher that is setting up the Signing's? Just curious.

I just got my copy of the book on Wednesday.

You guys did a wonderful job on it and I am proud to say I own it. :D

My only regret is there is no photo or mention of Nitro.

I may have missed it but don't remember seeing anything.

Great job nonetheless.

Thank you for the book and good luck with the book signing.

It was REALLY tough trying to decide what to put in and leave out, and unfortunately we couldn't fit Nitro. We figured since it's still there and something that hasn't changed much, it was better to leave it out than to leave out some of the things that are no longer there or have changed dramatically.

We're hoping to (maybe) do a second volume and be able to cover even more... :D

Yeah, we could have probably filled a book four times the size!

As a publisher of historical related books, we also had to work within Arcadia's guidelines of limiting recent and current day material to a very small percentage of the book. Therefore we we could only mention most of the newest stuff in a paragraph on page 105. Nitro is mentioned, but unfortunately only by name.

Thank you guys so much for the signing today (Barnes & Noble, Hamilton). Meeting you guys was a thrill for my daughter and I. I just started reading my copy and I can't wait to finish. Since moving to New Jersey 15 years ago and adopting Great Adventure as my "homepark" it has been place of fun and enjoyment for my family. This book helps fuel my sense of awe of amusement parks and Great Adventure. Again thank you.

Ben

^ A BIG thanks to you and to everyone that attended today's book signing! It was so nice to meet so many of our members and their families. I know I learned a lot from the conversations that we had with everyone and came out of it with even more information and material to share with our friends on our site! Once again, many thanks! :)

It was a pleasure meeting everyone who came out today. We were blown away by the turnout and response and it felt so rewarding to meet the people who share our love of the park. This is what I dreamed about when creating the site and writing the book. The park holds so many great memories for so many people, and it makes it even more special to share them.

We'll be doing additional signings in the coming weeks and months. We'll post the dates as soon as we have everything confirmed.

It was REALLY tough trying to decide what to put in and leave out, and unfortunately we couldn't fit Nitro. We figured since it's still there and something that hasn't changed much, it was better to leave it out than to leave out some of the things that are no longer there or have changed dramatically.

We're hoping to (maybe) do a second volume and be able to cover even more... :D

I hope you didn't think I was complaining. I totally understand the amount of stuff you guys had to comb through.

The book is wonderful, I really am enjoying looking at all those photos and remembering my childhood visits to the park.

I wish you continued success with the book and I actually do hope there is a follow-up.

Congrats and thanks.

Now that I finally picked up the Book, I just want to say Great job. It was a blast going through all the old park shot's. And I finally am able to see the shot of the Super Cat!!! That alone was worth it for me. Thank's for the Signature's and nice to finally meet you Tom. And you guy's blew Clifford away at the Book store!!!!

And I finally am able to see the shot of the Super Cat!!!

We went through thousands upon thousands of photographs and that photo was the only one the park had of the Super Cat. Maybe there is a Super Cat fanatic that will come forward and share his or her collection of pictures of this rarely seen ride!

Tom mentioned how each "old" Ride had a folder for it, and each one had numerous shot's of the ride and other info for it, except Super Cat's. Just one shot and that's it. Someday maybe the Super Cat Fanboy will reveal himself, until then I can only Dream!!! And how about all the Wizard Of Oz Merchandise they had at the Book Store, it was fitting that you guy's were there with the connection of the Park and the Movie.

Edited by Railer