VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Walt Disney World to get a new Fantasyland!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disneyland has to be better because it is not the tourist destination that Walt Disney World is. It has to offer more to get the people to come.

That and DL was just one park for many years so they had to cram alot of stuff into it. While WDW has had more than one park for many years so they have stuff spread out though the different WDW parks.

Only hard-core Disney entusiasts cared about the ride, because of sentimentality. Even they knew the ride was not good.

Well, exxcuse me? I go to Disney once, sometimes twice a year. NOt to brag, I've been to Disneyland. Mr. Toad is a perfectly fine ride, you just have to look beyond the materials its made with. Think of the final scene in the underworld, where there's all that steam that fogs up people's glasses. I don't think that's too bad, and clearly, steam isn't made from cardboard. All I'm saying is that the ride is good, and it deserves more credit than it has. Thank you.

This is an idea thats kinda sortof related to the topic so I'll give it a shot-The submarines were extremely popular, eventhough many people had no idea what the hell they were based off of(Disney's 20k Leagues under the sea). No doubt, if they were still around today, people wouldn't give a care if they knew the story, but they would still be EXTREMELY popular. Obviously, Disney has had this idea for a new fantasyland for some time now, and the submarine lagoon was demolioshed 2 years ago. I would have much rather NOT got this new fantasyland but in 1994, instead of getting rid of the submarines, just gave them a total upgrade to make them into a Little Mermaid themed ride. Even though teenage boys hate the little mermaid, surely the ride would be popular with all age demographics do to it's underwater adventure. With the addition of the new ride, we wouldn't need a new fantasyland and the theme would fit perfectly and we would still have that perfect E-ticket family ride we all loved as chidren. It would have been extremely simple-have the beginning of the ride be Ariel with Scuttle and "part of your world", then go into "under the sea", have a confrontation scene with triton as you enter the cave, then "poor unfortunate Souls" and then at the end, Arile getting her voice back. Very possible, not that expensive and the public would be well pleased. What more do you need?

The maintenance on the subs was too costly, and the limited capacity and lack of handicapped accessibility caused too many problems. If I'm not mistaken they were also having problems with the lagoon leaking. It was a fun and unique ride, but its time had passed.

I know that but in this refurbishment these problems could have been fixed-

DL has solved the handicapped accessibility problem by building a sub simulator room in the station. DL's MK also has alot more rides than WDW's MK to spread the crowds out thiner, also DL is not as crowded as WDW.

Edited by The Master

• 2 weeks later...
WDW Photos from Disney's Twenty-three magazine:

scan0001-2.jpg

scan0002-1.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

scan0005-2.jpg

scan0006.jpg

scan0007-1.jpg

Fantasyland? More like Princess and Flying Pachyderm Land. Looks like they're hell bent on catering to demographics OTHER than boys and people over the age of 10. Which can be a good thing, only Disney's over doing it a little. I can really see more teenage/young adults sterotyping the Disney Parks (particulary the Magic Kingdom).

Edited by MarioSonic94

Unfortunately it has the reputation of being a park just for kids at least in the view of some people. I remember on my class trip people were complaining we were spending so much time at the Magic Kingdom because it was for kids. We only spent 7 hours there, hardly a lot of time especially before spending 8 hours at AK the day before (and that was before Everest and Primevial Whirl). It's my favorite park, not just at WDW but of all the parks I have been to.

At least the 2 Dumbo's well help lines a lot, amazing how long the line gets for it now. I know it is low capacity but it still shocking during peak season to see people waiting 60 minutes for it when Aladdin is basically the same ride and is under 20 minutes most of the time (on my last trip Dumbo was 20 and Aladdin was a walk on but that was a slow time).

Edited by Yoshi

It still does not look like it is going to be as good as Disneyland's Fantasyland since DL' s will still have more rides. Disneyland does have a princess meet and greet set up in old show threater near toontown so it looks like WDW is copying that with a fancier setup.

• 2 weeks later...
Fantasyland? More like Princess and Flying Pachyderm Land. Looks like they're hell bent on catering to demographics OTHER than boys and people over the age of 10. Which can be a good thing, only Disney's over doing it a little. I can really see more teenage/young adults sterotyping the Disney Parks (particulary the Magic Kingdom).

If one had to pick a target gender for Tomorrowland, Adventureland and Frontierland, I believe the boys would have them. Liberty Square and Main Street are pretty neutral. Let the girls have Fantasyland...