VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Traffic Jam

GAcoaster

The spotlight shows two different designs of cars. When were the earlier ones replaced?

The cars were replaced around 1980.

The yellow floral panels were in place from 1974 until the end of the 1981 season. The panels were painted blue and the upper light fixtures removed for the 1982 season.

Also, the middle island forcing drivers to travel in a counter clockwise direction was put in place for the 1981 season.

Interesting the park had 2 bumper cars at one time and now we have none operating. I also rememeber hearing about that blizzard. I was at wdw at the time so I missed it but I rememeber hearing that school was closed for at least a few days (so the only good thing was I didn't miss that much schoolwork).

• 1 month later...

In the spring of 1977 I worked pre-opening. Two nights before the park was to open, the mechanics put grease on the floor and rounded up 20 of us to go in circles to work it in. They spent the winter rebuilding the motors and with new whips, were cruising. Within 10 minutes it turned into a free for all. We broke 4 of the 20 cars that night that couldn't be fixed. Great times!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
^^I thought the Amish used horse and buggy?

They can't own cars but that doesn't mean they can't ride in them. I see the Amish lots of times at GAdv, Dorney, and Hershey, they seem to like parks.

Edited by The Master

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...