VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2024- Flash: Vertical Velocity & More!

As we celebrate Great Adventure's 35th Anniversary this year, I started wondering.... "What will Great Adventure be like on its 50th Anniversary in 2024?".

There are so many variables in today's world including a changing economy, changing life-styles, and ever changing entertainment preferences. Will Great Adventure be relatively the same, expanded into a multi day resort, or God forbid turned into condos?

What attractions, if any, will still be around 15 years from now? What will be removed and what will be added? It could be that it won't change THAT much... after all today's park isn't that different from what it was in 1994 (15 years ago).

Anyone want to make some predictions?

I think Nitro and El Toro Will Defiantly still be in the park in 15 years.

maybe KK but the problems they have with it...once its beaten i dont know how long they will have it there if it breaks again like the last time.

I could also see some new water rides in the park not Harbor.

probably some quality flats.

and i would hope a re-theme to a superhero theme instead of The Western section of the park

As we celebrate Great Adventure's 35th Anniversary this year, I started wondering.... "What will Great Adventure be like on its 50th Anniversary in 2024?".

There are so many variables in today's world including a changing economy, changing life-styles, and ever changing entertainment preferences. Will Great Adventure be relatively the same, expanded into a multi day resort, or God forbid turned into condos?

What attractions, if any, will still be around 15 years from now? What will be removed and what will be added? It could be that it won't change THAT much... after all today's park isn't that different from what it was in 1994 (15 years ago).

Anyone want to make some predictions?

I think the park has changed alot since 1994, there are alot fewer flat and water rides and more coasters and kiddie rides than in 94. Plus some sections of the park have been changed dynamically or closed off. Even today I am still shocked at how empty the park looks compared to what it was in the 90s when it used to have many more family rides (not kidde rides) than it does today.

As far as the future of GAdv it could go many different ways. One way I don't want to happen is that the number of stores, Johnny Rockets, cafes, and other fads outnumber rides inside of GAdv and it becoming a outdoor mall with a few rides, kind of like Opryland park.

I expect GASM, Superman and maybe Rolling Thunder to be gone.

I could also see the Log Flume and Rapids gone since log flumes seem to be removed from parks now and maybe the same will start happening rapids rides.

Added will probably be some more flats, another kids area (Thomas Town?) and at least 1 major coaster.

"As far as the future of GAdv it could go many different ways. One way I don't want to happen is that the number of stores, Johnny Rockets, cafes, and other fads outnumber rides inside of GAdv and it becoming a outdoor mall with a few rides, kind of like Opryland park."

Thank God somebody else said that.

"i would hope a re-theme to a superhero theme instead of The Western section of the park"

Unfortunately somebody said that.

I think the park has changed alot since 1994....

I agree, I think the park itself has changed a lot too. I meant to say that the overall scope of GA is not that dramatically different. Hurricane Harbor was added, but it is pretty much still just a one-day seasonal destination because of the lack of a hotel.

i would hope a re-theme to a superhero theme instead of The Western section of the park

This is actually one of my biggest fears... I really don't want to see the park turn into a place which could be synonymous with "Super Heroes World". There are so many other themes that can be used including many that aren't commercialized characters.

2024- only rides left from today will be the big wheel, rolling thunder, el toro, bizzarro and nitro oh and the buccanneer the park will have expanded farther past nitro. they will have redone old country with a large coaster, there will be all new flats scattered around, jhonny rockets will not be around and you will see more resteraunts simlar to the best of west

And i would hope a re-theme to a superhero theme instead of The Western section of the park

I disagree with that, I just want a better Frontier Adventures... Like, a new Super Teepee, a new flume that's less bumby, even with the same layout and station, and maybe a scenic wagon ride...

2024- only rides left from today will be the big wheel, rolling thunder, el toro, bizzarro and nitro oh and the buccanneer the park will have expanded farther past nitro. they will have redone old country with a large coaster, there will be all new flats scattered around, jhonny rockets will not be around and you will see more resteraunts simlar to the best of west

I agree with everything there exept Rolling Thunder and Old Country. Rolling Thunder could get really hard to maintain, and I see a new section for Old Country...

The history of Six Flags being what it is, I see complete changes in direction if the ownership changes again and again. With every change in ownership comes changes in philosophy...more theme/less theme, more thrills/less thrills, expand/remain stagnant.

In 1994 no one could have predicted any of the changes that have taken place in the last 15 years.

First you have to wonder will it be a six Flags park?

in general i see a few major changes. A step up with the water park. It will be bigger, better themed, and with a better selection of rides.

The ddrive through zoo will be removed. Part of the land will be used for water park. The rest will become a new attraction either a more traditional zoo or maybe a downtown disney style attraction.

the property will be redone as a destination attraction. a couple of hotels and a campground woudl be added to keep people on site.

I think the drive-through part of the Wild Safari will probably be closed and the parking will be expanded in the Rolling Thunder, Exploration Station area for the Safari. Then, you would either ride a jeep through or fence the path off for a walk through. This could help prevent law-suite in the future. Just a thought....

While Rolling Thunder may not be the best wooden coaster ever, there's nothing wrong with it. It's rare for any park to remove a woodie unless there is something REALLY wrong with it.

I don't see the Safari going anywhere either. While it may not be the primary draw for the park, it still gets a large number of visitors every year. I believe they also receive tax breaks for having the Safari, and it has been a great publicity tool for the park. The lion cubs this season have got the park national publicity. I could see it changing in size slightly, but not going away.

Aside from Psyclone at SFMM I don't believe Six Flags has EVER removed a wood coaster. I can't think of too many wood coasters that have ever been demolished unless the park was closed...Hercules at Dorney and Psyclone really are the only ones that come to mind.

The beauty of a wood coaster is any part can be replaced cheaply and fairly easily.

i dont think RT will ever leave, its onw of the last * track style side by side racers left, i say by 2024 you will have seen a full rehab of it like what there doing out on the west coast sf parks, the safari will always remain, i do see HH expanded to more like a blizzard beach or typhoon lagon type park, also i think the parking lot will get repaved by then!

I'm sure you have ridden RT in the rain! Do you realize how dangerous it could get in 2024 if it is aready painful now! Not to mention, its already dangerous with the sharp turns, skidding, and wear...

:(

thats what im talking about by 2024 that ride will be so messed up it would need major re-tracking or just to be taken out.