VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2024- Flash: Vertical Velocity & More!

I think the drive-through part of the Wild Safari will probably be closed and the parking will be expanded in the Rolling Thunder, Exploration Station area for the Safari. Then, you would either ride a jeep through or fence the path off for a walk through. This could help prevent law-suite in the future. Just a thought....

fenced off and made a walk through is what i was getting at with my more traditional Zoo comment. with peaple looking to drive less and and expecting more from animal habitats drive through Safari's don't cut it any more. I doubt that will turn around in 15 years.

Fenced off and made a walk through is what i was getting at with my more traditional Zoo comment

Well, now that you clear that up, that's a good idea. :D (Not trying to say I don't like the Safari as it is)

I doubt that will turn around in 15 years.

That's true though! I don't think that's something Six Flags would put on their Top 10 concerns list....

I think we will see a full rehab of RT by 2015!

I honestly see that coming sooner than we think...

The Safari is not going anywhere or changing anytime soon.

you're likely right, but were talking a bout by 2024, 15 years in teh future. Drive through Safaris have already seen a huge drop in popularity and existence in the last 20 years. Why would that change in another 15.

Most of the posters on here are coaster freaks and thats cool, but the value of the livestock in the Safari is worth far more than the roller coasters y'all get off on. The Safari can and does Pay back all year, the coasters need riders on during the season to return their profits.

• 3 weeks later...

Back to Rolling Thunder, I think that depending on how the rehab of Texas Giant and subsequent Main't costs in it first few years (post rehab) we may see many Wooden Coasters getting this treatment. ie fitted with plug & play type track. I have a feeling that Cedar Fair may be waiting on Son Of Beast for this exact reason. So if this happens we may see Rolling Thunder in 2024 running as smooth as El Torro.

The Safari makes me wonder today as to how close it could be to closing. Six Flags wants to save money. They may have saved some by closing off a very small area with the Old Country and half of Movie Town with closing off the live show buildings but who really knows. These small cuts most likely have saved them money but you can't tell me that feeding all of those animals, Having Vets on staff for medical needs, lawsuits from idiot guests who get bit by feeding the animals and constant maint in the area (there has to be a lot of poop to clean up all year round) wouldn't save them a whole lot of cash. The only reason I think that it hasn't been closed is that the general public would be in an uproar over such a dumb move. So as long Six Flags doesn't get stupid we will most likely see it still open although we may not see the Safari being owned and/or operated by Six Flags but by a different company that manages/owns Zoo type attractions.

Hopefully they will add new family flats and water rides by 2024. I wonder how KK will be doing by then? It probably won't be the tallest or fastest anymore by then. If it keeps breaking down alot like Chiller it may not last to 2024.

Edited by The Master

Again y'all fail to remember that the animals breed and sales can be profitable! The price of an elephant now days is very high even if most of the Goofball AR folks are out there telling ya how cruel they are treated. The only thing that could work differently is either put everyone on buses and take them through or make a monorail system to go through the park and that would eliminate the gate keepers as the rail system could either go over or through electric type gates?

But it still has had alot of breakdowns. I think KK will still be around for at least another 10 years, but it's not the kind of coaster that's going to age well. I doubt SF would ever spend the money for a monorail though the safari since they are removing the monorail out in SFMM.

Edited by The Master

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...