VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Best of the West BBQ

GAcoaster

I love all the spotlights on this site- they're all very detailed and informative. It's also amazing how many photos there are- with my home park, Kings Island, I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to find construction photos from a project only ten-years-old, but there are dozens of pictures here for things that are thirty-years old and aren't even that "important", like a roller coaster. Very impressive.

-Ty

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It took many years of going to the park before I actually ate in there, but that has become our staple place to sit down grab some good food, and relax. We especially like going out back and eating while watching the fish and turtles in the water swim around if it isn't too hot while we are there.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone remember a long saloon type bar being installed indoors briefly during the early 2000's when the "Saloon" part was added to its name? I believe it was located on the right-hand side of the doors closest to the kitchen on the side next to the Log Flume drop. I can't believe I never took a picture of it.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone remember a long saloon type bar being installed indoors briefly during the early 2000's when the "Saloon" part was added to its name? I believe it was located on the right-hand side of the doors closest to the kitchen on the side next to the Log Flume drop. I can't believe I never took a picture of it.

Yep sure do!...Alon with the smell of fresh BQ in theair..used to eat dinner there in the early evening, Half Rack Ribs with Corn on the Cob, BBQ Baked beans, And a dinner roll..or the half BBQ Chicken...Good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I started doing tours in 2008, they had an executive chef at Best of the West, I think his name was Alex. He was a lifesaver when it came to rattling off all the menu options (before we had the printed ones made!) Too bad he wasn't there the following seasons.