VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Gingerbread Fancy (AKA Granny's)

GAcoaster

I think a big issue right now is that they don't have enough staff. They can't even staff the food locations they have now. (And it's not because they cut staffing, they literally can't find enough employees)

Doesn't the park hire foreign exchange students to fill in positions during the spring months?

Yes, they just arrived last week.

They still don't get enough employees, neither including them, or during their staffing peak in the summer.

Right now and especially during Fright Fest & Holiday in the Park, a lot of the office staff (Marketing, Sales, Department Directors, etc.) are out in the park working rides and food stalls. Last year, I saw everything from mechanics cooking burgers at Garden State Grill, to Park President Neal serving me ice cream at GA Cafe. SF even busses in employees from SFA and SFNE frequently when those parks are closed.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

I remember this one trip in late 2015 where many employees from SFA worked at Great Adventure. I was on a ride and the operator had this rather strong Southern accent which I can assume she is from the DMV area therefore works at SFA.

Yes, they just arrived last week.

They still don't get enough employees, neither including them, or during their staffing peak in the summer.

Right now and especially during Fright Fest & Holiday in the Park, a lot of the office staff (Marketing, Sales, Department Directors, etc.) are out in the park working rides and food stalls. Last year, I saw everything from mechanics cooking burgers at Garden State Grill, to Park President Neal serving me ice cream at GA Cafe. SF even busses in employees from SFA and SFNE frequently when those parks are closed.

When my daughter worked there last year, she was hired for customer service, but like you mentioned, she was often brought in to serve food at the Main Street Pub.

• 2 years later...

While going through several photos of the initial construction of the park I discovered something very interesting.  Up until park opening, the Gingerbread Fancy Restaurant (now Granny's) was known as the Yum Yum Palace!  In addition, the Yum Yum Palace (now Yum Yum Cafe) was known as the Ice Cream Palace.  Signs positioned on the trees in front of each construction site included the park's project number and name for each structure.

Here is the "Ice Cream Palace #7617" which became the Yum Yum Palace (today's Yum Yum Cafe):

scan0127 APR74 copy.jpg

And here is the "Yum Yum Palace #7621" which became the Gingerbread Fancy (today's Granny's):

scan0064 MAY74 copy.jpg