VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 22- Reopen the Old Country Section of the Park

I'd either like to see Old Country re-opened or some other reconfiguration of the pathways over there. The dead end in Movietown is terrible, and guests find it confusing. Guests also find getting to the catering area confusing. Either re-opening Old Country through the path that it did follow or creating a new pathway that wrapped around between the Exploratorium and TDK and connected over between Mama Flora's and the indoor mini-golf. It would help the flow of traffic so much!

I really really want to see old Country open again. Seeing the dead ends and rides not open is not good. With Chillers station still there it seems that the section has been "frozen in time" because it hasnt been touched since it closed.

Reopen Old Country and keep it German themed and maybe expand on it some.

I don't care what they say, bring back old country! The Europeian theme would be great, too (and I mean theme, not losely tying the rides together) It has been a while since I've ridden Musik Express. My last memory of it was me standing in line listening to the Buzz and Ring of freefall. :mellow:

well i think that with the chiller station there, we should have it reinstalled with some serious modifications to the launch system and since its only a few miles down the road from the park sitting there in a guys driveway its an option, that would draw alot of crowds from the main entrance right through old country to the explotorium thing too. we dont even need to call it chiller gice it a diffrent theme and tie it in to old country maybe like it launches into a mountian and make it a dark ride ? i know this will never happen so dont bash my wishing to bad guys.

• 11 months later...
If the Old Country does reopen (which i can't see opening for a few years) that may add the park's attandance and may up start the parks climb to be an elite park with Cedar Point and SFMM. The park needs that.

I think you have that backwards. Old Country was closed precisely because the park wasn't pulling the same type of numbers it had been under Time Warner, so they didn't need that space and those rides/shops/restaurants to accommodate the crowds. And reopening a small area with an out-of-vogue theme and two flats won't add to attendance one bit.

• 2 years later...

At the park this Sunday, the area where Chiller was, Stuntman's freefall and the Showcase Theatre were opened after being closed since 2007. It felt strange to see Frozen Coca Cola stand. and the Blue Parrot bathrooms. Do you think that this is a sign that Old country may finally be re-opnened? The dead ends there now just look horrible and add confusion.

Would love to see Old Country re-opened.