VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Bugs Bunny Great Western Railroad

29yrswithaGApass

Being a model train buff, I enjoy seeing what other Zamperla "pieces" are available and used at other parks. I've seen open gondola cars and a tender for the engine. There are also 90o cross over tracks, but I don't think I have ever seen switches for the tracks.

Is anyone aware of a Zamperla train ride that operates more than one train?

This spotlight brings back memories, I remember riding this train ride quite often as a kid. Shame they had to add "ghetto bars" to the train and that it was SBNO but it shows GAdv now has more kiddie rides than it needs.

• 1 month later...

I like this spotlight page, but I have a few questions to ask...

1. When the Space Chase Ferris wheel opened in 1988, it was all blue, but in this picture in 1990, featuring the Bugs Bunny Railroad, it was repainted to rainbow colors. Can you tell me when they repainted the space chase???

SFGA%20BBL%2050001%20OCT90.jpg

2. In this picture of the train ride, from 1997, I thought the Fun Factory was removed in 1996, but it still existed in 1997. When it was removed???? :confused1:SFGA%20BBL%2050032%20OCT97.jpg

Edited by GAThriller

^ Two good questions!

1. The Space Chase ferris wheel featured all blue cars from 1988 to 1989. The cars were painted various colors for 1990.

2. The Gymnasium remained open in the park throughout the 2000 season. Starting in 2001 it served as a birthday party pavilion and as you know today it is Balin's Bazaar in the Golden Kingdom.

Nice work finding the dates on those photos! For those who didn't know, if you click on the photo to view the larger version, most of the time the year (or month and year) the photo was taken is part of the photo's filename. If you ever see one that says "ND", that means that no date was available on the original slide or photo.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Thanks! I never knew that in 2001, the Fun Factory (or you like to call it..er..Gymnasium) became a birthday pavilion. I thought it became that in 1999!

I just have one more question. Also in the same picture from 1990 (of the Bugs Bunny Railroad), there were two Magic Hands booths near the attraction. I found a picture of one of the booths that had a witch diorama (shown below), what did the other four looked like and where there were placed around the area? Also, it is said that it was removed in the mid 90's. What year? 1994, 1995, 1996, or later? Just wondering!

Note: Are you going to add a Magic Hands, Fun Factory (aka Gymnasium), or Chicken Coop (ball crawl) spotlight, yet??

gallery_2_10_237089.jpg

Edited by GAThriller

I just have one more question. Also in the same picture from 1990 (of the Bugs Bunny Railroad), there were two Magic Hands booths near the attraction. I found a picture of one of the booths that had a witch diorama (shown below), what did the other four looked like and where there were placed around the area? Also, it is said that it was removed in the mid 90's. What year? 1994, 1995, 1996, or later? Just wondering!

Note: Are you going to add a Magic Hands, Fun Factory (aka Gymnasium), or Chicken Coop (ball crawl) spotlight, yet??

Here's where the five Magic Hands were located. In addition to the witch, I know there was one that was a Chinese celebration scene with fireworks and a dragon. After looking through our Bugs Bunny collection, the last trace of Magic Hands seemed to be in 1994, although I know all the displays weren't removed at the same time - soem disappeared before then.

We will be including all the elements of Bugs Bunny Land when we do that Spotlight like the ball crawl, gym, Magic Hands, and the other half dozen or so play elements in the area.

gallery_2_4_146123.jpg

Here's where the five Magic Hands were located. In addition to the witch, I know there was one that was a Chinese celebration scene with fireworks and a dragon. After looking through our Bugs Bunny collection, the last trace of Magic Hands seemed to be in 1994, although I know all the displays weren't removed at the same time - soem disappeared before then.

We will be including all the elements of Bugs Bunny Land when we do that Spotlight like the ball crawl, gym, Magic Hands, and the other half dozen or so play elements in the area.

gallery_2_4_146123.jpg

I remember playing with those magic hands, there was also one booth with a alien scene.

Edited by The Master

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...