VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Worst ride you had to operate

scottcook123456

I wouldn't say that any ride I worked was really that bad,but if I had to say myself the worst was Catcher/ Unloader at Western Cables during the summer where it was 90 degrees and we had a long line at Dream Street and catching car after car after car was really tiring and just so repetative <_<

I caught cars at Dream St for about 1/2 an hour once (I was 17 and weighed about 115 pounds at the time)...that took everything I had to stop the cars coming in.

Calypso on a day in the pouring rain sucked pretty bad since there was no where to stay out of the rain. :(

I caught cars at Dream St for about 1/2 an hour once (I was 17 and weighed about 115 pounds at the time)...that took everything I had to stop the cars coming in.

Yeah it does take a lot to stop them,I remember sometimes being really sore the next day after working it a whole shift lol.I was 16 last season and weighed 130 and it was still hard

I also didn't like Dark Knight up in the station,but I did love doing the pre-show.

Sometimes I slid too with my Nike Shox on but they had pretty good traction.But when it rained over night or all day and got onto the cement at Western I remember sliding and almost falling from catching cars. pretty often.It was fun,untill I almost fell right on my butt right in front of guests

^^Michael we were allowed to wear work boots that's why Quincy (if you remember him), Dave Young and that other black kid who's name cant remember used to wear them.

But yes I have done double after double after double in the heat at the cables which was not too much fun until it was time for breaks to start or when swing shift and night shift came in and I got to go in the air conditioned booth to do paper work.

But the most boring ride to operate is the operator at the dark knight operator because you don't do anything but watch cars go by and watch a screen. They just go automatically no dispatch no all clear just nothing, no spiel no interaction what so ever. I am a person who likes a fast paced environment and plenty of guest interaction but this is not the ride for me.

^Lol yes you can say that. Batman and Kingda Ka were my type of rides. I like to get good throughput at rides and set goals for my team members to achieve. Like "okay guys we are going to get 1000 this hour" at batman or "okay guys lets do 57 launches this hour" at Kingda Ka. It makes the team members feel good when they achieve goals but at rides such as The Dark Knight you just can't because it goes one speed.

^^Michael we were allowed to wear work boots that's why Quincy (if you remember him), Dave Young and that other black kid who's name cant remember used to wear them.

But the most boring ride to operate is the operator at the dark knight operator because you don't do anything but watch cars go by and watch a screen. They just go automatically no dispatch no all clear just nothing, no spiel no interaction what so ever. I am a person who likes a fast paced environment and plenty of guest interaction but this is not the ride for me.

My bad Robbie I don't pay attention to peoples feet lol

And I wasn't going to say anything about Dark Knight why it was boring,but that's the reason I hated that thing.It was the most boring thing ever,I am the same as Robbie,I like getting working fast and getting good throughput not watching the ride Operate itself.Pretty much the person doing the pre-show is the one who is in charge of getting good numbers..Only good thing about TDK was it had AC in the summer.

I loved Kingda Ka when I was there that one shift,it wasn't crowded that day though since it rained so I couldn't work to fast lol.The only thing about Ka is that the restraints are soo heavy,but nothing to horrible.

Edited by Mike13

El Sombrero was realllllllly bad. first off, no one ever rode that stupid ride when it was over by Rolling Thunder, second, it was fairly complicated to start up and since it was closed most of the time you could never remeber what order to do them in, third the operator house was more like an oven than a cover from the sun, and 4th i hated that ride!

Edited by gafreak

• 4 weeks later...

This would be a tie for me between Enterprise or the Log Flume. The Enterprise made me want to vomit everytime I watched it while the Log Flume made me want to just fall asleep.

I always preferred staying at Viper. It was so much fun for me and allowed so much more interaction than the other rides.

• 5 months later...

I loved where I worked, but I guess my least favorite would have been back unload at Rolling Thunder. The enable button was placed at an awkward height and you had to stand in an awkward position each time you were holding it. Also, if you had the Q-Bot on you, it sucked.

Now, the worst over all isn't at GA, but at Disney. Driving the rafts to Tom Sawyer Island. Certain rafts are harder than others, and there's absolutely no shade when you're driving. So you can either get scorched by the sun, or soaked by the rain. Also, you have to do all the ropes, loading and unloading. It doesn't sound like much, but it's exhausting.

• 1 year later...

Id say the worst one was Super Side Winder..Boring. My favorite was the log flume..followed by the Runaway Mine TRain, then Western Cable cars. And finely Hockin Swipit, Sir Wilden Wooly and last raggady andy....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...