VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

GreatAdventureHistory Spotlight - 1974 Season Park Tour

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to thank you guys for putting this up here. Before I was a member here, I stumbled accross this in my quest for answers to questions on a ride (it slips my mind now which one it was). Once I found this unique look at the park's opening year and attractions, I think I spent a good few hours later that night just exploring exactly what GA's roots were all about. This is an amazing project you guys put together, and I give you all the credit in the world for doing it. Thanks so much for everything you guys do for this site and us fellow GA lovers.

• 4 months later...

This is what it's all about for me. This is also what first brought me here as a guest when this site first came together. And i'm kind of rediscovering it again now, looking for my own old pics. I grew up in this park, i was here as a 4yr. old in July of 74, and just about every year since. Now I bring my 3 & 6yr. old's here all the time and I get to re-live alot of my childhood again. Alot has changed since those days in the world and the park, But when you walk through those gates, you do go, someplace else. And that will never change. Thank's for compileing all the stuff you guy's must have and sharing it with everyone, it should not be lost or forgotten. I hope the few things I have from that time help fill in a blank or two. Rich

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Fantastic! Great job! Makes the original park come alive again, truly amazing! Boy, I miss those trees, it really was an Enchanted Forest back then. Bravo!

I was 14 yrs old! so many memories long forgotten. this is amazing and warms a part of my heart to see everything the way it was. It really was a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing! and Jay, thanks for directing me to this site! I will come back again and again...

• 2 weeks later...