VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

29yrswithaGApass

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which was better - Batman or Robin?

• Batman (blue track)
    • Robin (red track)
    • I was only able to ride Batman
    • I was only able to ride Robin
  2. 2. Which restraints were better on Chiller?

• Neck harnesses
    • Lap Bars
  3. 3. Which was better?

• Inverted rolls (1997-2006)
    • In-line humps (2007)

I was just on rcdb and it seems the park has rehabbed some smaller rides in the past, a  Schwarzkopf Jet Star 2 just before getting Chiller that they sold to another Brazil park that hasn't opened it and they other, A Zamperla Galaxy, they sold to a traveling fair. I wonder if they planned more to rehab Chiller when they bought it, but thought they could finally add a new coaster into the fold and gave up due to it's troubled past?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Unfortunately I haven't been able to read it due to lack of a subscription, but if anybody subscribes to the Asbury Park Press, they posted what looks like a nice retrospective on The Chiller today:

https://www.app.com/story/news/history/2019/11/27/batman-and-robin-chiller-ride-six-flags-great-adventure-brazil/3987179002/

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/20/2020 at 10:44 AM, DantheWoman said:

LMAO! I'm still looking for what music played in the Chiller station. Apparently they also played the Riddler's Revenge station music?

In my time visiting the park and working at the Chiller, I never heard it play any music in the station and or queue lines. The only thing close to music was the constant, low rumble and static sound effect emanating from the station building. (I have a recording of that somewhere)

I also messed with many of the sound effects and automated queue spiels that had broken long before I worked the ride, and all I ever found was a loud "boom" sound effect and pre-recorded boarding and un-boarding spiels. 

As far as if the ride ever played music before any of that, (2005), it might have, but that was before my time. 

I suppose the boom sound effect was to be played during launches. I remember the old exterior humming that sometimes worked. The outside queue also used to have generator machines that had lightning tubes which broke. 

• 9 months later...

This month marks the 25th anniversary of both the masterpiece of crap that is the Batman & Robin movie and the flawed but very fun roller coaster that was originally built to promote said movie.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...