VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

29yrswithaGApass

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which was better - Batman or Robin?

• Batman (blue track)
    • Robin (red track)
    • I was only able to ride Batman
    • I was only able to ride Robin
  2. 2. Which restraints were better on Chiller?

• Neck harnesses
    • Lap Bars
  3. 3. Which was better?

• Inverted rolls (1997-2006)
    • In-line humps (2007)

Batman was by far the best track, that inverted Top Hat is just unmatched as an inversion! Makes me want the park to get Mr. Freeze moved here :P

There are two of them, one in SFOT and the other in SFStL. It would be nice if they build a 3rd in SFGAdv but they won't.

I was on the one at SFStL a few years ago. It is a great coaster but I will miss Chiller it was a fun coaster. It just never ran too well due to design flaws, since the two Mr. Freezes were built after Chiller they must have worked out alot more flaws with them.

I am really going to miss Chiller this season. One time I rode it 20 times in a row, it was a fun ride. To me it will seem less like GAdv without Chiller. Last early spring was the last time I rode Chiller which was 5 times in a row. Had I know that would be my last day I was there that Chiller would have been running I would have rode it a 100 times since I would not get a chance after that last time.

I actually remember the original comercial! I thought it was the coolest ride ever. And then I rode it and went straight to first aid, because I was tiny and got beaten up pretty bad. But it was totally worth it!

-Dainan "It was a completely different ride then" Rafferty

• 3 weeks later...

It was a big deal if the blue Batman side was running. Back in the spring of 2006 they had both sides running and it was great. The future looked bright for Chiller back on that day but next week it was back to just Robin then the big breakdown.

Apparently one of the wheel assemblies on the Robin train fell apart, making the car lopsided as it went up the spike. When it hit the LIM's up top they hit the fins, driving some of them through the car and slightly injuring a guest or two. It then grinded to a halt between the 0-G rolls and the cobra roll. Basically the last nail in Chillers coffin.

Ah why thank you for the information on this. I have tried to search for it online before and come up with many forums and discussions about it but never the actual description of what happened. Either I have been looking in the wrong places or it was kept low-key enough on the net that it's long gone now I suppose.

The park has always kept hush-hush. They didn't release anything about the incident besides saying there was an accident and were only minor injuries. My guess is they didn't want to tarnish their image too much.

• 3 months later...

I wonder if they SFGA offered the "Injured guests" free safari tickets. 3 years ago I rolled my ankle (thought I broke it there for a few minutes) on a piece of machinery from one of the concessions that was dropped on dream street. When I took the piece of equipment up to guest services the girl in there said "What you want? Some safari tickets or sumptin?" I really think they thought I was B.S'n them, like I had brought piece of hotdog machine from home or something. Maybe they tossed in a waterpark ticket for these fine people. I think guest relations should be turned into UFC tryouts because get ready for the fight of your life when you finally make it to the bulletproof window and ghetto speaker you have to talk through. ----How come noone else in the park deserves this kind of terrorist defense shield? Heck that guy in the dolphin suit wont even see it coming ! Im going to complain to him next time. Bet he wont give me no lip! or blowhole or whatever they talk with. -Rant over - Upallnite OUT!

I think guest relations should be turned into UFC tryouts because get ready for the fight of your life when you finally make it to the bulletproof window and ghetto speaker you have to talk through. ----How come noone else in the park deserves this kind of terrorist defense shield? Heck that guy in the dolphin suit wont even see it coming ! Im going to complain to him next time. Bet he wont give me no lip! or blowhole or whatever they talk with. -Rant over - Upallnite OUT!

That window is for our protection, and its far from bulletproof, and the microphone is so we can hear you better. Because we deal with guest problems and complaints, people can get pretty threatening towards us sometimes. We deal with problems accordingly and we work to resolve it. If you were injured at the park, most likely we would have told you to visit first aid or have them come to you to help you out. Sorry that you feel this way about it, but if you worked there for one night, you'd understand why we have safety measures in place. We're not there to fight you, we're there to help you and sort out a problem. Sometimes we can resolve the problem, and other times we can't.I try to make sure that any guest that comes to my window leaves happy, but it doesn't happen all the time.

About 5 years ago I was stuck on Laser at Dorney for 7 min, so Dorney gave us a coupon for free large sodas. Shame more parks don't do stuff like that. Still I think it's sad that Chiller could not be saved, but it was fun while it lasted.

Edited by The Master