VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Safari Construction

GAcoaster

Thanks for the safari construction pictures, they are great and i hope you post more. I saw pictures of a few people i haven't seen since i left there in 76. one i believe is Brian Vidor, he's in a few pics with Butch. One has Leonard Denault in it, and i think one of the other fellas is Robert Chandler. great pictures.

If you look through my album you will see Raffie drinking out of a bucket at a gas stop and she has my Safari hat on. That would be my Texas Safari hat from World of Animals. Also ALL of the animals from WOA went to GA except 3 Asian males and the photo of the African with me. They all ended up in the Circus business.

Close enough Harry. Only the birds went straight to GA because of an embargo, if we had taken the ostriches and other birds to Canada like the mammals we would not of been able to bring them back into the USA. Donald jump in anytime with anything I have forgotten?

Edited by Gary Hill

• 3 weeks later...

After doing this Spotlight I have an even greater admiration for the Safari Park. I am looking forward to driving through on opening day and visiting the Safari Exploration Station. We may even go through twice!

Gary and Donald, we'll make sure we get some photos of your old friends! :elephantride:

• 2 weeks later...

I sometimes laugh while going through Kilamanjaro Safari's at Disney's Animal Kingdom or Rhino Rally at Busch Gardens in Tampa. They make the biggest deal about pointing out a giraffe or two elephants, meanwhile Great Adventure has herds of animals roaming around. You can always tell the riders from the northeast... they are the ones saying, "Ah, we have tons of those up at Great Adventure"!

Now, if SFGA could borrow some of Disney's lush landscaping and theme elements for the Safari, it would be even that much better.

• 5 months later...