VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Halloween Events

29yrswithaGApass

• 1 month later...

One of my favorite FrightFest attraction's was Alice Coopers Brutal Planet. The entrance was behind the Super Teepee and ran around and through the building that is boarded up now, I beleive it was once a Shooting Gallery. It was pretty scary and had a "White Out" room . It was a room had all white walls and was heavily fogged. It was pretty surreal looking and you had no perception of anything. I'm not sure what year it was at the park, but I'm pretty sure it ran for only one year, and was never seen again.

I remeber the advertisements for the Alice Cooper stuff being there signing like Welcome to my Nightmare or something like that. Whenever I hear his songs I tend to think of Fright Fest now. I don't think I ever actually got to enter brutal planet, but with your description I wish I would have.

• 2 weeks later...

They first had Brutal Planet in 1999 as part of GAdv's overhaul of FF, it was in the Garden of Eatin and was a upcharge haunted house in 1999. In 2000 it was moved to the western section by the Giant Teepee and went though the old shooting gallery building and was now a free haunted house but it was the last year for it I think. Other SF parks like MM also had Brutal Planets and still had them for many years after GAdv stopped having it. SF only had Alice Cooper for 1999's FF.

Edited by The Master

Didn't GA used to do a season pass holder day Around haloween? I rember they did that once because my friend and I rode freefall 64 times in a row with out getting off. I think that may be some sort of record!

If the park did something like this, a sort of coasters after dark type event for Fright Fest I would be in absolute heaven :)

That's a great idea to use Old Country during Fright Fest. I'm not a fan of FF because I like to be scaired but I love the FF Fridays when the park is deserted. That could be a time you could have ridden Freefall 64 times in a row. In 2001 on one of the Fridays in FF, the park closed all of the pay attractions and had all of the spin rides open, except for Sombrero which was being dismantled. It was quite a memorable night! It was the last time I rode Jump. I wonder if that is the kind of night you remember gafreak? The Blues Brews and BBQ Festival was held on the same days as Coaster Celebration in mid-September a few days years ago but those were some crowded days!

Edited by darkridedan

The time we rode freefall 64 times the park was only open to season passholders. We may need to see if 29years has any memory of this,it was late 80s early 90s time frame.

Was it possibly 1991? The park was open extra late that season for Fall Bonus Days on November 2,3,8.9 and 10. These weekends were a last minute addition to the operating schedule so the dates were not widely advertised. The park was really empty during those final weekends and it was very easy to rack-up a large number of rides.

A couple of you were talking about opening up the Old Country for FrightFest as a walkthru. That is one of the best idea's that the park could do, very easily. The history in there, the building's, and the whole concept of a haunted, abandoned park would be perfect. With the size of the area it could easily handle a high volume walkthru, and that's what the park needs. I can picture a bunch of riderless bumber cars with the car light's on in heavy fog, bumping into each other and going in circles. It has alot of potential and hopfully they see it as we do. *R*

• 2 months later...

I really think one of the best things ever was when they had the Dinosaur in the woods for the Hayride (and not just sitting next to the water making noise) and it would come to life and seemingly jump out at you as the Hayride drove past it. When my brother was younger and we took him for his B-day to FF, it scared him and a friend so bad the one year they refused to leave the middle of the wagon or even ope their eyes/uncover their ears until it was over. Now that is how a haunted attraction needs to be done :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...