VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

It sucks that they don't have the 2 person whirly wheel rafts that most Tornadeos have. What are groups of 2 or 1 supposed to do? Will they just not be able to ride? I don't want to rist hauling a big 4 person raft only to be told I can't ride it down by myself.

Edited by The Master

Why is the splash pool so big? The other tornados i've ridden have real small ones.

Also, I'm disappointed to see the new building they built, presumably for the pumps. The fresh-looking wood and sheet metal roof are a huge step down from the look of Hurricane Harbor's original buildings.

On Media Day they had multiple rafts in the landing pool to increase capacity (they didn't wait until a raft was removed before sending down another). I would imagine they will keep the splashdown area clear and move the unloading riders to the rear of the pool to keep the line moving.

The pump house building was just completed and I am sure it will have aquatic stencils, netting, and themed elements added in time. Most of the roofs in Hurricane Harbor have been converted over to the sheet metal type as these are easier to maintain. I do like that it isn't a straight across roofline but instead sags in a rustic manner.

IMG_0975%20copy.jpg

Six Flags America and The Great Escape both had two person rafts the last time I was there. Either way, I'm very happy to see a new slide in Hurricane Harbor

It's probably more a capacity issue than anything. It make more sense to encourage 4 people at a time go through than 2. It means capacity is doubled and seeing the lines for the slides in general (let alone the Tornado) they need to increase capacity as much as they can.

Last time I was at SFA they had the two person rafts which are called Whirly Wheels besides the four person cloverleaf rafts. If you are in a two person group or by yourself the whirly wheels are easier to lug up the stairs. But even the whirly wheels are not very easy to haul up let alone the bigger 4 person rafts. Hopefully they just weren't out yet for media day. If they don't have the two person rafts then that will limit how many times I can slide the tornadeo.

Edited by The Master

I visited GAdv today and when drove past the new tornadeo I didn't see any 2 person rafts stacked up by it. Forgot to say that the two person whirly wheels rafts are green instead of yellow.

Wouldn't they just let a group of 2 take a 4 person raft? I wonder how they will handle single riders though, if you got the raft up at the loading area, I could see them maybe grouping people like at Aquablast at Dorney if you are a single rider but that may not be as easy if you bring the raft with you since everyone is already grouped up (and this is figuring they aren't going to allow single riders to have their own raft).

Wouldn't they just let a group of 2 take a 4 person raft? I wonder how they will handle single riders though, if you got the raft up at the loading area, I could see them maybe grouping people like at Aquablast at Dorney if you are a single rider but that may not be as easy if you bring the raft with you since everyone is already grouped up (and this is figuring they aren't going to allow single riders to have their own raft).

I can tell you hauling the two person rafts with a second person helping is still pretty darn hard. But two people hauling those larger 4 person rafts is going to be harder. I guess if you want to ride this Tornadeo you need to bring at least two other people with you. Still I wonder what the situation for the Tornadeo's rafts is? Do they pair strangers up to haul the rafts up and fill them. or will it be like that you haul the raft up and some jerk who didn't help carry the raft can hop into it with you?

Edited by The Master