VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Funny Photo Captions!

29yrswithaGApass

• 3 weeks later...

The Ladies are asking the Park Employee to help them locate the object they have come to America, and to Great Adventure to seek out... Let's Listen to them............

"VER IST DAS HARRY APPLEGATE?" "VE HAV ORDERS FROM DAS RSS** THAT VE MUST BE

GIVEN HERR APPLEGATE UN LAPEN-DANCE EIN SAUNA, KOOKEN HIS APPLSEEDS TIL DOS

LITTLE DINKYDORKS POPPIN-UPPIN LIKE UN ZEPPLIN---

DEN HELGA (third from left as you look at the photo) BE BENDEN UN SHAPEN DAT SHRINKEN STIK UND OLGA (next to the Park Employee)) MAKEN DA WHACKENDORKER TIL IT GOES POPPENOFFENWOW,EN FALLEN DOWN KAPUT...

,,DEN VE ALL DRINK LOTTA BEER AND TALK ABOUT RIDES WE HAD IN OLD DAYS."

** RSS= Retired Salty Security

( Harry, Sorry, My Penn. Dutch is worse than my German. The Hoosier Amish speak a form of Olde English of the "Old Country Language" )

Edited by mayor al

Took a little time, My "Pidgin Kraut" (Amish Slang) with some of our locals here gets worked over, but they mess it up with Redneck KY accents..to do MY CAPTION note Correctly you have to read it at a high volume, in a voice that mimicks Sgt Schultz from HOGAN's HERO'S "Bellowing like a wounded Moose" !

Why, You ask?... Well I completed my third Face Surgery yesterday for those Skin Cancers. Yesterday's was a simple 16 stitch cheek and removal of an expanding growth...but the Prior two weeks saw some nasty action that I won't go into the details except to say one part was on it's way down the ear-canal looking for GREY-Matter which at this point I can't spare.... So anyway. I am now beginning my 4th week of sleeping in my Lazy Boy due to sensitive areas one 3 sides of the head... Obviously this does affect my social skills not only "ON-LINE", but DOMESTICALLY, and I have even found myself performing these sort of "deceptive Messages" will cold-call sales people ( yeah, we do get them now and then... and whoa be it when I have a complaint regardinging a medical billing process...I do a fine "Jimmy Swaggart" style preacher reminding that billing clerk that God's going to bring down "rath, etc ete...tenfold for the person who doesn't extend the "Hands of Forgiveness" rather than press for full payment for whatever my Insurances has let slide... Yes this does work.

Lots of Painkillers really encourage attempts at Creative writing such as these short-stories, and other Sagas of our Travels throughTime and Space. All in All it takes my mind off the diffulty of current events....besides You're such an easy "little" mark !!!

Thanks, Dave.. Actually I am just making up a grand cover story for the next episode of "THE LITTLE CORPORAL". Starring "The Ladies of G.A." whom you met in the photo shoot above... and of course, Our leading gentleman, if we can restore a little starch in his "GetAlong" in time for the first Battle Scenes. There's just too many posts on this site rambling on and on about the issues of the Lines at some Coaster that was removed 10 years ago...we need to lighten up the place a bit !

Does anyone have a color photo of a large operators control panel for one of G A's rides.. the more NASA appearing the better. I am working up a set of Ride Operation Orders in the Slang.. but need to custom fit it to a good graphic we can label as something from GA...doesn't have to be true, the while thing will be a set of fake rules from 1975. Just tell me where I can copy and paste the photo and start messin' with it.

Edited by mayor al

• 1 year later...