VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 23- A Hotel with Indoor Waterpark

• 3 weeks later...

The park really NEEDS a hotel on property or somewhere near by. I've heard from many guests about their frustration in trying to find a hotel in the area, and the options are limited. It makes a lot of sense to build a hotel/resort with indoor water waterpark to extend the park's season, extend the hotel's season and create a destination. After more than 35 seasons since the park was built, the time has come to finally create a hotel to take advantage of the multi-day destination the park is and can further become.

A hotel would be great, although I doubt they will do it anytime soon. The waterpark inside a hotel might not be such a good idea. If the hotel had a water park, people would not pay for Hurricane Harbor.

Yeah, But they would pay $180-250 For the Hotel.

Cedar Point has a Waterpark and A Hotel with Indoor Waterpark

GACoaster, What's the Waterpark in the Photo?

If they did get an indoor waterpark, it would be cool to see them sell day passes in the winter with a discount for SP holders like Castaway Bay at Cedar Point. Both of the 2 indoor waterparks less than an hour from me don't look that great and Great Wolf Lodge is almost 2 hours away and you have to stay overnight so a good indoor waterpark less than an hour away would be nice.

Knowing GADV they probably would not heat it enough. SFStL has a really nice Holiday Inn nextdoor with a big indoor pool and most of the rooms open to it.

Edited by The Master

• 1 year later...

I went to visit the Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos and it was amazing! Great Adventure can only benefit from this. The hotel itself is an attraction and does very well because many people can visit the resort and go to the indoor waterpark during cold months, perhaps even allowing a Christmas event run at the hotel. I'm sure the company are on good terms and wouldn't hurt Hurricane Harbor because local residents would feel the need to stay at the resort when they live close.